The team at Meade Design Group wishes you a wonderful winter break! We are excited to spend time with family and friends during this holiday season. Come 2017, we will be ready to dive back into the world of design with our amazing clients and projects.
The photo below was taken by Ivan on his trip to Mexico. The bright colours are so uplifting! Find more photos from his trips to Mexico below.
As always, we look forward to your feedback - so feel free to get social with our newsletter!
Missing that Mexican heat right about now!
WELCOME TO MDG, ANNA CAMERON!
Meade Design Group is proud to have Anna Cameron join the team as an interior designer, with many years of experience in the industry. Anna has lived on Vancouver Island for 16 years. She grew up in Australia and moved to Victoria with her family and now calls Canada her home. Anna graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design from Vancouver Island University in 2014. Since then, she has worked in the industry and traveled around Europe, where she fell in love with the different cultures and Architecture. Anna loves every aspect of design; from the problem solving, to the creativity, and the relationships that are developed with clients. Her abilities include drafting, 3D rendering, material and furniture selections, conceptual thinking and a bit of graphic design here and there. In her spare time, Anna enjoys going on hikes with her dog Scout, spending time with family, travelling, cooking, and catching up with friends over a tasty glass of wine.
IVAN MEADE - A PERSONAL NARRATIVE IN FABRICS
Our very own Ivan Meade is the only West Coast fabric designer at Switzer Cult Creative in Vancouver. We could not be more proud of him! His entire line of fabrics and custom pillows can now be purchased at the Switzer showroom. A number of well known interior designers such as Alda Pereira and Albarosa Simonetti have viewed Ivan's collection at Switzer. Check out a photo both designers below.
As you know, Meade Design Group offers a specialized service, helping clients develop and produce their very own fabric lines. Whether it's one signature fabric, or the launch of an entire collection and branding, the design team is here to help clients expand their brand awareness and leave a unique signature in their projects or studio that no one else will have.
As a special request from a client, Ivan has even modified his Mariposa fabric with the newest custom background colour, Tierra.
2. Meade Design Group is known for their amazing cards, but this Art Deco inspired wedding invitation takes the cake for creativity and technical know-how. A subtle custom monogram makes the invite so personal.
3. Norgarden and The Peninsula approached Meade Design Group for a complete rebrand. We designed two websites for the two retirement homes, a new vehicle design wrap, a copper foiled stationary package that included: business cards, thank you cards, letterheads, and custom folded brochures. Please see some of the printed work below.
COMING SOON IN GRAPHICS
Here we have highlighted some teasers of our recent graphic design projects, keep checking our website for full project gallery updates.
4. We are in the midst of collaborating with Paxar Technologies Corporation on a total company re-brand. Stay tuned for the end result - it is sure to be amazing!
5. We are happy to announce that we are working Fawcett Mattress again. This time around, Meade is completely re-designing their existing website, and including an online store.
6. Please take a look at the intricate logo we did for Suite Stays - an executive rental suite company in Victoria, BC. We are in the process of gold-foiling business cards and designing a brand new website!
RECENT INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECTS
Here we have highlighted some teasers of our recent interior design projects, keep checking our website for full project gallery updates.
1. We designed an Amethyst Master Bedroom as a surprise for a client's wife. The grand reveal was nothing short of amazing and all the project photos can be viewed on our website.
2. We are currently working on an interior design package for Villages Pizza. Their new space is a modern interpretation of a casual pizza restaurant.
3. This presentation board for a furniture layout mixes mid-century and revival styles, making it an exquisite space. We can't wait to show you the finished product! Stay tuned!
4. This isn't your typical basement layout. This presentation board features elegant furnishings with contemporary elements, making it a truly unique and versatile living space.
5. These two presentation boards showcase a stunning, transitional home aesthetic. Ivory pieces pair beautifully with dark accents.
Ivan and Jeff recently returned from a three week escape to Mexico. Their whirlwind trip included Ivan's niece's wedding, his goddaughter's, Celena's baptism, a TV interview, two radio interviews and plenty of sightseeing with family and friends.
There are many many more highlights from Ivan's trip... take a peek on his Instagram!
Ivan's goddaughter Celina was born earlier this year and her baptism was a focus of his Mexico trip. Months before his departure, Ivan sought to create the most beautiful graphics to make the day extra memorable. With his heart and soul, he designed a soft feminine logo, event signage, dinner menus, and even custom scarfs for all the ladies attending the event.
What a lucky little goddaughter!
Here is everything Ivan designed for Celina, as well as photos and a video from the event.
Pulso- online here - Photo album of the event at Basilica de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe.
City Life- online here - Photo album of the garden party event.
Celena's Baptism Video
Celina / 23.07.16-online here - A video of highlights from the special day.
Kitome- online here - Meade Design Group is on the list of '100 Interior Design and Architectural Blogs to follow in 2016'. We are considered one of the 'Best Industry Blogs'.
Modern Home Victoria Magazine- online here - Our 'West Coast Contemporary Home Redesign' was featured in MHV Magazine.
Industville- online here - Along with other industry experts, Ivan Meade shares his top interior lighting tips.
Like Modern- online here - Meade Design Group was #57 of the 'Top 100 Interior Design Blogs that you should read and follow'.
Radio Planoinformativo- online here - Ivan Meade shares his story in a personal interview with Ana Fonte, a top reporter from his hometown in Mexico.
Industville - online here - Ivan was very honoured to be interviewed by Industville. Ivan, along with many other interior designers and bloggers, were asked about what people can expect from the interior design world in 2017.
Estudio Q Interview - July 26, 2016
Estudio Q TV Interview / 26.07.16- online here- A video of Ivan's TV Interview
Ivan is currently loving Baila by Esteman,
Jordan is loving Painting Greys by Emmit Fenn,
Anna is loving anything christmas themed!
A black and antiqued gold cylinder shaped mirror from Bower NYC.