We refer MCCY’s advisory, “PHASE THREE (HEIGHTENED ALERT) PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES FOR RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES dated 17 June 2021. The Office for Catechesis would like to share the following with regards to catechesis and formation from 21 June 2021 onwards.
1) Catechesis (Children, Youth, and RCIA) should continue, whether online or otherwise, as per schedule on 4 July 2021.
2) While we do encourage that catechesis is more effectively done face-to-face, we do recognise that there are limitations on numbers as well as the safety precautions needed. Therefore, for some parishes, it might not be feasible to resume face-to-face catechesis for all levels on a weekly basis.
For such parishes, we would like to propose some ways to do a hybrid of face-to-face and online catechetical sessions:
- For each level to have face-to-face sessions once or twice a month, or alternate terms, so that the numbers can be spread out, depending on how many the parish can handle safely.
- For levels preparing for the sacraments, to have face-to-face sessions, to better prepare the candidates.
3) Catechetical ministries are reminded to adhere to the updated guidelines dated 17 June 2021 and re-submit their SMPs for approval in the event they wish to proceed with face-to-face sessions 2 days prior to the conduct of the session.
4) The medium of delivery of all OFC courses is being reevaluated. Should there be changes, participants will be informed of the outcome via email at least 2 days before the commencement of each session.
5) For all the latest updates regarding precautionary measures, please refer to https://www.cpro.gov.sg/resources/advisories/.