If you are using social media, whether via mobile apps or the internet, for business marketing, please pay close attention to the following:
● Never use the phone number from which people can learn your identity for communication with customers, e.g. the number that you personally registered or usually use for communication with family and friends. Instead, use a prepaid sim card that you don't need to register for or just use mobile apps that doesn't require phone number registration.
● Never upload your own photos to social media. Even if they are deleted after a short while, people may have already captured screenshots.
● Never share details of your personal life on social media, such as name and location of your school/office. Even if you choose to upload a photo that doesn't show your face, you still have to make sure that the background or other details do not provide any hints about your personal details or whereabouts.
● To avoid being blackmailed, never send a photo of yourself (or even nude photo) to a customer via private message. You may think that a certain customer has become a friend and he somehow has gained your trust. But you will never know what he will do with your photo in the future. Also, never disclose your personal details to a customer.
Upon transaction, you should:
● Check where the customer places his mobile phone and cover it with a towel or clothes, to avoid secret photo or video taking.
● Never leave your wallet and mobile phone unattended. Don't give people a chance to avoid theft of personal belongings or data.
● Set AFRO's 24-hour hotline 27701002 or 96698108 on speed dial, so that you can seek help quickly in case of emergency.
If you have any enquiry, please contact us at 27701002.