IISL Events at the 2016
International Astronautical Congress
The 59th IISL Colloquium on the Law of Outer Space will be held in Guadalajara from September 26-30. The following sessions will be part of the Colloquium:
59th IISL Colloquium on the Law of Outer Space
- 8th Nandasiri Jasentuliyana Keynote Lecture on Space Law and Young Scholars Session
- Legal Perspectives on Space Resources and Off-Earth Mining
- Contemporary Considerations about the 1986 Principles Relating to Remote Sensing of the Earth from Space
- Legal Challenges Represented by Large Satellite Infrastructures and Constellations
- Current Developments in Space Law with Particular Consideration for Latin America
- - E3.5. 31st Joint IAA/IISL Scientific Legal Roundtable: The Future of Regional Cooperation
- - B3.8. Joint IAF-IISL Session on the Legal Framework for Collaborative Space Activities
- IP. Interactive Presentations
IISL General Assembly
The annual IISL General Assembly will be held between technical sessions, on Wednesday, September 28 from 12:45am to 2:45pm, in the same room as the IISL Colloquium (Salon de Eventos 6). Documents for the General Assembly will be placed in DropBox beforehand.
IISL Awards Dinner
The annual IISL Dinner will be held on Thursday, September 29 at the Palacio Municipal de Zapopan. Bus transport will be provided, and exact timings will be announced later. If you would like to attend the IISL dinner, it is necessary to register for the dinner online at the IISL Member Website iislweb.org/dinner2016. Payment must be made through PayPal, visa, or mastercard via the website. The cost is €70 and tickets are strictly limited to 150.
Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition
The World Semi-Finals and Finals of the 25th Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition will also be held in Guadalajara this month.
The World Semi-Finals are between North America Regional Round Winners McGill University (Canada), European Round Winners National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Greece), African Round Winners Obafemi Awolowo University (Nigeria), and Asia-Pacific Regional Round Winners Curtin University (Australia). Semi-Finals will be held on Tuesday, September 27. The semi-finals are closed to the public
Two winners of the Semi-Finals will then progress to the World Finals on Thursday, September 29, to argue before judges from the International Court of Justice. All attendees to this year's IAC, local members of the IISL, and friends and family of finalist teams are welcome to view the World Finals. The World Finals will be held at the Paraninfo de la Universidad de Guadalajara