The Pilgrim - December 11, 2016
Sunday Celebration Notes
Lifting Up God's Love Every Sunday at 10 am
This season is filled with such beautiful music—especially here at First Congregational Church. Music is so ubiquitous to this season that we can barely think of Christmas time without humming a carol or whistling a holiday tune. It was a special day this week when I realized that I could finally hit play on my holiday playlist.
This Sunday will be filled with music:
- We will sing our refrain as we light the Third Candle—the candle of Joy—on our Advent wreath.
- We will sing carols together as we bring our gifts of toys for the families of DAYS to the manger. (See the article below for more info about Gifts to the Manger).
- A beautiful duet setting of our Gospel lesson—The Annunciation and Magnificat—will be sung by soloists. The choir will sing, bells and chimes will ring, and, of course, we will hear our Mighty Moller.
- Children and youth will gather in Ramsay Dining Hall to learn songs and run lines in preparation for this year’s Christmas Pageant: Breaking News: Baby Born in Bethlehem!
- My sermon will consider Mary’s song of blessing, rebellion, resistance, and liberation.
- After the Congregational Meeting all are invited to join in caroling for the Drop-In Center. We will meet after Pageant Rehearsal in Ramsay Dining Hall.
With all this singing, we should all leave with a song in our heart and the inspiration to work for God’s justice in all that we do.
See you Sunday!