Due to the potential weather threats associated with Hurricane Florence, the Growler Relay RVA has been canceled. We made this difficult decision with two priorities in mind.
What does that mean for your race entry? Though our Terms and Conditions state that we do not offer refunds for last-minute acts of God or hurricanes, we care about you and want to treat you better than that. And we want you to have options so that you can decide what's best for you. Below you will find three choices and we ask that you fill out this form by next Tuesday, September 18th to signify your choice.
- Participant safety: the Governor of VA has already declared a state of emergency and nearby municipalities are making plans for extreme weather conditions throughout the weekend. Even if the storm is a miss, the above precautions don't bode well for an outdoor running event.
- Respect for your need to prepare: many of you contacted us with understandable questions and concerns. Though we usually like to ride these kinds of things out, we felt it was most appropriate to give you an early heads up so you can concentrate on potential storm preparations.
Please note: you are making an individual selection - NOT a selection for your whole team. This means if one teammate selects a 50% refund and the rest select a deferment to next year, the teammate that selected a 50% refund will need to pay full price if they'd like to participate in next year's event. Your selection is also not transferable. This means that you cannot select to defer to next year (or another Growler Relay this year) and pass it along to a friend.
- OPTION 1: 100% cost deferment to next year's Growler Relay RVA (September 14th, 2019). This means you'll get to register early at no cost to secure a spot at next year's event.
- OPTION 2: 100% cost deferment to a remaining 2018 Growler Relay. See form link for dates and locations (Durham, Ashburn, Orlando). We will contact you directly if you select this option to complete your registration for a remaining 2018 event.
- OPTION 3: 50% registration fee refund. Your 2018 Growler Relay RVA refund will be processed based on the fee you paid when you signed up.
Packet pickup: because your shirts and growlers have already been delivered, we're planning to host "packet pickup" inside the private event space at Hardywood this Saturday, September 15th from 4-6pm (weather permitting). Feel free to swing by, grab your stuff and drown our collective sorrows.
Please let us know if you have any questions. It bums us out to write this email, but we ultimately feel like this is the safest and most respectful decision.
Kevin Gibson and Alan Maynard
Co-Founders, Growler Team Relay