Membership Update | November 23, 2020
Dear HL7 members,
Re-envisioning HL7 International
We want to provide an update on progress related to the Re-envisioning HL7 International initiative.
Several important developments have taken place during October and November, including:
It is important to note that a number of elements of the strategy are already being implemented, including:
- Formed 10 Task Groups (TGs) to work on the 15 board-approved Priority Recommendations
- Appointed TG co-leads and recruited initial membership
- TGs have started to meet regularly
- Initiated meetings to discuss Re-envisioning strategy with internal HL7 committees, groups and councils including:
- Technical Steering Committee
- International Council
- Co-chairs & Work Groups
- Policy Advisory Committee
- Management Groups of HL7 product families
- Established Confluence page for HL7 members focusing on the Re-envisioning strategy
Other elements of the strategy will be further defined by TGs along with the expected outcomes, specific actions, immediate steps, timeline, milestones and budget.
- Transition to virtual events
- Tooling improvements
- Simplification of internal processes and structures
We expect to have several activities related to the Re-envisioning strategy during the January Working Group Meeting including plenary announcements, listening sessions, birds of a feather sessions and other activities.
As always, we appreciate your ongoing support, input and participation during this transformative process. If you would like to engage more directly in one of the TGs, please contact HL7 Associate Executive Director Karen Van Hentenryck.
Walter Suarez, MD, MPH Charles Jaffe, MD, PhD
HL7 International Board Chair HL7 International CEO