Hopefully you saw yesterday's email that the DCR suddenly informed us that tonight's race must be canceled due to construction. If you missed it, please see the text-image below.
SO WHAT NOW?
I remain focused on getting the DCR to reverse this decision, and will continue doing so until at least 3PM today. If you know DCR Commissioner Brian Arrigo, please email me ASAP.
I will email you again with a final update by 4PM today.
I have sent the DCR multiple course options which avoid the Marsh Post entirely. If they allow us to run, it may include a stipulation that we do not have a party at the Marsh Post.
The course section on our website shows the safety plan I'd proposed for the ~93 meters of our course near the Marsh Post.
I've also proposed another course which stays entirely on the Boston side of the river, using the same start/finish we used prior to 2021.
I've offered the DCR 99% flexibility--anything except cancelation.
The Boston 5K Summer Series supports the Sunscreen Squad, bringing free sunscreen dispensers to outdoor events across Massachusetts. RACE Cancer Foundation, a volunteer-driven 501c3 nonprofit appreciates your continued support.