WGC Emergency Response Network Request - $5,000 - Can You Help?
The Women’s Giving Circle of Howard County is requesting help in raising $5,000 through our Emergency Response Network (ERN) to support Afghan refugees in Howard County through our partners at Luminus.
Luminus, formerly FIRN, is supporting Afghans arriving in Maryland through direct and indirect support for arrivals. This funding will support those who are in Howard County, many of whom are women and children.
WGC will match the $5,000 to provide our partners at Luminus with at least $10,000, that will support:
On behalf of our partners at Luminus we are looking to raise $5,000 that we will match with $5,000 to support Afghan refugees in Howard County.
- Tutors/supplies for children
- Women’s Groups addressing a trauma, domestic violence, therapy and other areas of need
- Legal Services around asylum applications and know your rights presentations
- The opening of the Columbia “Afghan Welcome Center”
- Potential Health Clinic for families and prescriptions
Can you help? Any amount is valued and appreciated.
Barb Van Winkle, WGC Chair
Candace Dodson-Reed & Alison Canning, WGC Grants Committee co-Chairs
Buffy Beaudoin-Schwartz, WGC Executive Director