Copy
View this email in your browser

BLDHD COVID-19 Vaccine Update

February 17th, 2021

 

Where are we with the COVID-19 Vaccine?  

As of today, Benzie-Leelanau District Health Department and our amazing partners have administered 3,910 doses to residents since our first clinic on December 20th, 2020. As of today, we have held 27 clinics in Benzie and Leelanau County with the help of volunteers, the Michigan National Guard, and Northwest Michigan Health Services Inc.   

As of Monday, all COVID-19 vaccine-approved providers (hospitals, pharmacies, doctor offices, and health departments) have administered 8,373 COVID-19 vaccine doses to residents in Benzie and Leelanau Counties. Of those 8,373 doses, 5,908 were first doses and 2,465 were second doses (fully vaccinated).   

Benzie-Leelanau District Health Department, along with all local health departments in Michigan, are receiving allocations of COVID-19 vaccine according to a formula that considers population and a social vulnerability score.  Although early allocations have been low based on the smaller populations of our counties, there is good progress happening as shown below through the percent of residents who have received their first dose: 

  • Benzie- 14.5% 

  • Leelanau- 15.3% 

  • Michigan- 11.2%  

  • United States- 12.1%  

Our COVID-19 Vaccine dashboard has been updated and displays data collected by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Benzie-Leelanau District Health Department pertaining to residents in Benzie and Leelanau counties. It now includes information on the total first and second doses administered, the percentage of population by county that has received its first dose, how many COVID-19 vaccination clinics the health department has completed, and more. At this time, the vaccine dashboard will be updated each week on Monday.  

With Food Processing and Agriculture worker being eligible starting in March, how will that change how you schedule? 

Our clinics will continue to be scheduled in the same way.  We are in the process of determining the needs of this upcoming group and will work with MDHHS and our community partners to incorporate them into our vaccination planning.  We continue to operate under the guidance from MDHHS that 75% of our allocations should be administered to 65 years and old and the remaining 25% of allocations should be administered to eligible essential workers. We are balancing each group to fit the guidance from MDHHS. 

What happens when my business sector becomes eligible for the COVID-19 Vaccine? Do I need to reapply? 

No, as different business sectors become eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, we will search our list for those who indicated Phase 1B, essential worker, or other phases and identify those who would now be eligible. We asked for individuals to identify their job titles when they registered for the COVID-19 vaccine.    

 

If you receive your vaccine from another provider and have signed up for our waiting list, we ask you to email covidvaccine@bldhd.org and let us know so we can take you off the waiting list. 

The estimated time to complete vaccinating individuals 65 years and older and those currently eligible essential workers is mid-July 2021. This week, we started scheduling eligible individuals who registered for our COVID-19 waiting list on 1/8/2021.  Here is where we are currently:   

  • All allocated doses have been scheduled for this week. 

  • Number of vaccine doses allocated for this week: 600 doses 

  • Number of vaccine doses administered so far this week: 141 doses  

  • Total number of vaccine doses received: 4,369 doses   

  • Total number of vaccine doses administered: 3,910 doses   

  
To unsubscribe to these updates, there is a button below “unsubscribe”  

Facebook
Website
Copyright © 2021 Benzie-Leelanau District Health Department, All rights reserved.


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp