The Vision Still Stands
We rejoice that some things should not and have not changed. The vision of International Renewal Ministries is one of those things. We are still seeking to cooperate with God to “see a move of God initiated and sustained in as many communities as possible.” The Prayer Summits we facilitate, the Prayer Seminars we conduct, the conferences we attend and help host, when we preach and teach, when we meet with leaders, the birth and direction of Clark County Prayer Connect (IRM’s local expression in Clark County WA.)… all of it is directed by this vision.
In one sense, this is the vision Jesus had when He came to earth. It is the reason we have Christmas. It is the reason He went to the cross. It is the reason He rose from the dead. It is the reason He gave us His Holy Spirit. He has always desired to see more and more people respond to His Son with greater passion and purpose.
You agree with this purpose. You support this vision. Some of you support us with your prayers. Some with your finances. Some of you have thought about supporting this vision with your finances. Like most ministries, we are dependent upon the response of God’s people to His promptings to support us.
To those who have supported us with prayers and finances, we are very grateful. To those who have felt that prompting from the Lord to do so, we encourage you to follow His lead. You can find our address at the bottom of this note or you can donate on-line here
. As you consider end-of-the-year giving, we would ask you to consider partnering with us to see this vision fulfilled in more and more places.
Taking the Summit Back Home
We have always encouraged pastors to “Take the summit back home.” That is, we are always looking for ways that prayer can have a greater impact upon a congregation. This is why Daniel Henderson (of Strategic Renewal Ministries
and The 6:4 Fellowship
) and I are teaming together to facilitate our 4th National Pastors’ Prayer Summit.
Florida in February is one good reason to check it out! But there are other great reasons too.
- Personal renewal.
- Fresh vision of what a praying congregation looks like.
- Practical assistance to help you move your congregation forward in prayer.
- Great fellowship and learning from other pastors who are on the same path.
Check it out… Pray about it… Come join us.
Northwest Christ Institute
Everything in this walk with Jesus flows from our understanding of just Who He is. Our Christology matters! I know of no one who has a higher and more biblical perspective of Jesus than David Bryant
. He and (IRM Rep) Steve Hall are teaming together for the Northwest Christ Institute
, January 7 and 8, at Westgate Chapel in Edmonds, WA. These two days – open to all – will be packed full of fresh vision and praise of Jesus. They will also be full of resources you can take with you to continue to pursue the significance of the Supremacy of Christ in all things.
I encourage you to get the information about TCI here
, read it over and consider joining Steve and David.
First of all – Wow… I am so grateful for you who pray! Saying, “Thank you” seems so trite. I am indebted to you for your prayers. Having said that, here are four things I am praying about and as you to join with me.
- We Fuqua’s will have our family Christmas Dec 26-29. We will all get away to the Oregon Coast to build special memories. A key topic this year will be “meditation” – why it is valuable, how to do it, etc. Please pray for this time for our family.
- January 6-8, 2014 will be the first Prayer Summit for Oregon City, OR. I get to facilitate this time. Please pray I would have a great sensitivity to these brothers and especially to the Lord.
- Please also pray for the two opportunities mentioned in the note above. Pray that the Lord would direct just the right people to these times and they would have great impact for Jesus.
- I get to present a workshop at Missions ConneXion NW, which is Jan 16-18, 2014. Please pray that my words would be a great encouragement to those who hear.