UPDATED LIST OF SENSIBLE SENTENCING TRUST MEDIA CONTACTS
- 1) Leigh Woodman: 027 561 2119; email@example.com trustee of SSGT, National Victim Adviser/Advocate for SST based in Wellington with a special interest in parole issues and manages SST Facebook page.
2) Jayne Walker: 021 881 623; firstname.lastname@example.org Christchurch / South Island Victim Advocate
3) Jock Jamieson: 0221845117; email@example.com Auckland region coordinator / Victim Advocate and does a lot of public speaking and promotion of SST
4) Stephen Franks: 0274 921 983; firstname.lastname@example.org; SST legal advisor, his law firm Franks Ogilvie do a lot of pro bono legal work for SST
5) Jess McVicar: 021 230 2391; email@example.com SST Youth Advocate, special interest in youth offending
6) David Garrett: 021 427 738; firstname.lastname@example.org is a barrister and SST three strikes spokesman but also advises on various legal matters and does a lot of pro bono legal work for SST
7) Doug Blakie: 027 606 6934; SST Timaru area spokesperson. Doug is a very experienced media commentator.
8) Gil Elliott: 021 215 9683; SST Dunedin / Lower South Island spokesperson and the local go-to guy for media in that region
9) Ken Evans: 027 733 9686; SST Tauranga / Bay of Plenty rep and has a good relationship with local media
10) Alan Monk: 021 075 7977; works in SST Napier office, 38 years policing experience, with a special interest in legislation and victim issues, one of the team who drafts submissions for select committees etc.
11) Amber Lehndorf: 021 840 620 email@example.com is fairly new to the team and assists Jock in Auckland with a special interest around child abuse issues
12) Peter Jenkins: 027 433 8562; Peter is one of the original stalwarts and was responsible for the original SST web-site / offender data base etc and is part of the team overseeing the rework of the SST offender data base
13) Ross Crosby: firstname.lastname@example.org Ross Crosby: is the offender data base manager and Predator Awareness NZ Campaign manager. He does a magnificent job in loading new offenders and being responsible to ensure information is correct with all necessary back-up sentencing notes etc. He is currently based in Adelaide and has a special interest around sexual offending issues and a special interest in assisting victims/survivors of sexual offending and specialises in generally representing victims/survivors SST assists who are residing in Australia.
14) Peter and Maggie Bentley: 027 493 04354, SST Rotorua region spokespeople with good local media contacts and relationships
15) Neville Pettersson: 021 087 67132; email@example.com operates out of Napier office and is also part of the team overseeing offender data-base work and manages SST Twitter account, https://twitter.com/sst_nz, Neville assists Ross Crosby with research and accessing information required for the offender data base
16) Steve Detlaff: is Northland region spokesperson limiting his involvement to media commentary at this stage
17) Scott Guthrie: 021 270 6889; firstname.lastname@example.org SST Manawatu region Spokesman with a special interest around child abuse issues.
18) Richard Holt: 07 873 8813; email@example.com Richard was a Judicial Justice of the Peace for 37 years, recently retired, now SST Waikato regional spokesman
19) Garth McVicar: 027 248 7919; firstname.lastname@example.org SST Founder and Spokesman