Dear <<First Name>>,
Happy New Year from The We’s! As we reflect on 2018 and look ahead to 2019, we are delighted by our expanding network of Black women founded and led businesses. You are part of the growing network of Black women entrepreneurs shaping culture and communities and driving economic growth and innovation. We aren’t the only ones who think so.
In our December communication, we shared general information about who we are as Black Women Entrepreneurs. If you have not taken our survey, please take it by clicking here. Below are findings thus far about our collective needs:
- 61% need an assistant
- 56% lack access to expert mentors or a group of black women entrepreneurs facing the same or similar challenges
- 65% require capital to grow and scale
- 90% are not registered as a Minority or Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) in their city/state--a designation that makes us eligible for government grants, contracts, and other opportunities
- 72% are not prepared for the next recession, and 19% are not sure or don’t know where their businesses stand concerning a recession
- 36% dedicate 1-2 nights a week to self-care, while 35% dedicate only 1-2 nights per month
2019 is going to be a transformative year for each of our businesses. Our resolution at The We’s is to emphatically deliver solutions that help you scale your businesses without compromising self-care. For us, all Black women entrepreneurs are WeMakers. We are here to help each other thrive.
The New York Times recently published an article by Niraj Chokshi entitled, “What is a Recession, and Why are People Talking about the Next One?” The article explains the warning signs of a recession and how U.S. companies might be affected.
NO WORRIES. WE GOT YOU.
The We’s is working on a report focused specifically on what Black Women Entrepreneurs need to weather a recession. We will send you a link when it’s completed. Would you be interested in a webinar on financial security during a recession? Follow this link to respond YES/NO and for two additional links to inform and inspire.
We see you. We love you. We are you.
Towards wealth and abundance,