Keep your pets safe this 4th of July!
Most pets hate fireworks, and when they hear them, their priority is usually to ESCAPE and RUN!
Here are a few quick tips to keep your pet safe:
- Make sure your pet has on a COLLAR & TAG with UPDATED CONTACT INFORMATION. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AT ALL TIMES, not just 4th of July.
- Keep a current photo of your pet on hand. Just in case.
- Do NOT take your pet to a party.
- Keep your pet home and inside a quiet room, away from entrance and exit doors, before July 4th festivities begin.
- Leave gentle music playing to cover the sound of the fireworks.
- Give your dog a stuffed Kong or favorite treat to occupy time and keep him/her calm.
Below are some more suggestions, courtesy of Petfinder.
Wishing everyone a Safe and Happy 4th of July!