NatWest Intermediary Solutions have been working hard in 2019 to improve and simplify their processes, proposition and products. With that in mind, they would like to take this opportunity to cover their highlights of this year.
Buy to Let
Improving their Buy to Let offering has been at the forefront of their minds in 2019 and they have strived to simplify their calculators, in order to make placing Buy to Let business with them as hassle-free as possible. Here’s a reminder of their improvements:
What qualifies for the new simplified calculator?
- Introducing a simplified calculator which benefits smaller landlords and also those remortgaging ‘like for like’
- Re-mortgage ‘Like for Like’: Customers looking to switch from another lender to NatWest to repay their current outstanding mortgage, on a like for like basis, are eligible for the new simplified calculator. This is applicable to both small and portfolio landlords.
- Small Landlord (not including limited companies or unencumbered properties) –customers who have 3 or less Buy to Let or Consent to Let Mortgaged properties, including the application in progress, are eligible for the new simplified calculator.
Please try their calculator here. It takes less than 2 minutes to complete the simple version! If you have any questions or would like a demonstration please contact your BDM.
- Brokers now have the ability to save the calculator result as a printable PDF, which you can then utilise for your file.
- A number of fields have been removed on the buy to let affordability calculator to improve the customer experience and save brokers and customers time.
Scan and upload
Their scan and upload portal enables brokers and their administrators to directly upload documents in support of any applications submitted through their website.
Once you have submitted an application, and in order to submit documents you can access the Mortgage Reference number in two ways:
a. it will appear alongside your client’s details on the web site
b. you will receive an e-mail in real time following the submission of the application
Neither individual certification nor Certification Face sheet is required when using this method.
They have rolled out their new build service to all firms on their panel, which means that all brokers placing new build business can now benefit from their knowledgeable and committed support team.
Supporting local brokers
This year they launched their ‘local insights events’ where they take internal experts from multiple fields such as; economics, finance, intermediary mortgages and quality and controls and provide brokers with bespoke content that encompasses the pressing matters in their locality. They have so far received fantastic feedback regarding these events and will be rolling out more in the New Year!
NatWest Intermediary Solutions would like to thank you for your continued trust and support, they look forward to working closely with brokers and their customers again in 2020 to meet all their mortgage needs.
As always, should you have a query regarding any of the above or want to talk through a case, please contact your NatWest Intermediary Services BDM.