The 2017 plans have been filed by health plan carriers and soon the OIC will release what has been submitted for consumers and producers to review. Premera Blue Cross and LifeWise Health Plan of Washington have released some information about their individual plans filed we are passing along to you here.
To help moderate rising costs, increase efficiency and enable them to continue offering competitive rates to their Washington members Premera and LifeWise Health Plan of Washington announced changes today impacting their Individual Plans for 2017:
- Both announced that their individual plans will only be sold through the Washington Healthplanfinder™ exchange in 2017.
- Both carrier's plans have no out-of-network benefits for their individual plans, except for emergency care in 2017. Both carriers will have EPO plans in the counties they serve and Premera will continue to offer PersonalCare (ACO) plans in King, Snohomish and Pierce counties.
- Both will reduce the number of counties where Washington individual plans are available, exiting roughly a dozen more rural counties. See the 2017 Premera Blue Cross Individual plan coverage map. See the 2017 LifeWise of Washington Individual plan coverage map.
- Premera is requesting a 19.9% average rate increase and LifeWise has requested approval for an 11.6% increase for their individual plans in 2017.
- Portions of the Swedish, Providence and CHI Franciscan Health systems will leave the Premera’s Heritage Signature and LifeWise networks in January 2017. However, some that will remain in network are:
- Providence Regional Everett Medical Center, Colby and Pacific locations, Everett
- Providence Hospital, Centralia
- Providence St. Joseph’s Hospital, Chewelah
- Providence Mt. Carmel Hospital, Colville
- Providence St. Mary Medical Center, Walla Walla
- Providence St. Peter Hospital, Olympia
- Inland NW Health Services (dba St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute), Spokane
- Providence Hospice & Home Care of Snohomish, Everett
- Providence Hospice of Seattle, Seattle
- Swedish Edmonds Hospital, Edmonds
- Harrison Medical Center (hospital and professionals affiliated with CHI Franciscan Health), Bremerton