MMXIX Vol. 281 - March 14, 2019
Bribes for College Acceptance
Is there anything left in this country that has not been deeply tainted by corruption? By now you have probably heard that dozens of people have been arrested for participating in a multi-million dollar college admissions scam. Enormous amounts of money were paid out in order to ensure that children from very wealthy families were able to get into top schools such as Yale University, Stanford University, the University of Texas and the University of Southern California. We should certainly be disgusted by these revelations, but we shouldn’t be surprised. Such corruption happens every single day on every single level of society in America. At this point our nation is so far gone that it is shocking when you run into someone that actually still has some integrity.
The “mastermind” behind this college admissions scam was a con man named William Rick Singer. He had been successfully getting the kids of wealthy people into top colleges for years using “side doors”, and he probably thought that he would never get caught.
According to the unsealed court documents, the allegation include, among others:
- bribing college entrance exam officials to facilitate cheating on college entrance exams;
- bribing coaches and administrators to designate applicants as recruited athletes (when they were not athletes) to gain admission to colleges and universities;
- using a charitable organization to conceal bribery payments;
- having third parties take classes and exams in place of their children and submitting the earned grade as part of the students' college applications;
- submitting falsified applications for admission that contained fraudulently-obtained exam scores, grades, awards and athletic activities
According to Justice Department officials, "Operation Varsity Blues" (as the investigation was known) found the most frequent form of fraudulent activities included cheating on SAT or ACT exams, or using connections with Division I coaches to offer fake athletic credentials to gain admission. Some parents allegedly took advantage of one of these types of activities, while others took advantage of both.
These parents—big time lawyers, successful actors, sundry celebrities—are among the most financially stable in America. Every parent worries that their kids will be okay; these have more reason than most to reassure themselves that they’re going to be.
And yet in the face of our great national sorting—the admissions ordeal that sifts 70 percent of America’s 18-year-olds into their appointed strata in our dog-eat-dog capitalist scramble—even these parents lived in enough fear of that ordeal that they were willing to commit major crimes to push their kids over the top. If even Hollywood’s finest feel the panicky need to cheat in order to secure a comfortable future for their offspring in our great meritocracy, what hope is there for the rest of us?
The universities named in unsealed court documents include Georgetown University, the University of Southern California, Stanford University, the University of Texas at Austin, Yale University, Wake Forest University, and the University of California, Los Angeles.
Here's how each school is responding to the investigation's findings:
At the time of writing, federal authorities have charged 50 people for participating in this racket, and some of them might be people you know. Below is the full list:
1. CW-1 allegedly urged parents to instruct their children to “be stupid” when they were evaluated as to whether or not they needed extra time to take standardized tests.
2. Payments were funneled through a sham charity organization, the Key Worldwide Foundation.
3. College application essays were allegedly edited to include information that would get kids in to their school of choice.
4. CW-1 allegedly photoshopped applicants’ faces onto stock photos of athletes, sometimes in ridiculous ways.
5. Felicity Huffman was concerned about getting caught.
6. CW-1 came up with an elaborate excuse for kids who were admitted as student athletes under false pretenses to explain why they didn’t play in college.
7. Lori Loughlin’s daughter Olivia Jade, who was fraudulently admitted to USC as a crew recruit, is an Instagram influencer who reportedly hates school.
8. Most of the kids didn’t know about the scheme.
9. The fake profiles were so extreme that CW-1 would literally alter applicants’ height.
Authentic American Populism
In the age of President Trump the public characterization of an American First movement bears the sharpest criticism and condemnation from the Deep State and foreign enemies. Those sincere patriots who retain a valid historic understanding of the post World War II era, recognize that the New World Order was the actual victory of that contrived conflict. With the death of the American Republic, the globalist international community of oligarchs has imposed a planetary enslavement. Part of their goal is to obliterate independent nation states and destroy indigenous cultures. Genuine populism is the foe of this elite demonic crime syndicate, who is promulgating hell on earth.
Read the entire guest article on the "Forbidden History" archives
Global Trade War US/EU against BRICS
Do not be confused. Globalists whether Wall Street capitalists, corporatists, collectivist authoritarians or devoted internationalists, all share a common mindset – a worldwide financial system must control commerce and dictate economic activity. Under this formula, trade has little to do with free market transactions. Monopolies are the rule and real competition is fatal. So when the financial press emphasizes the difference between the IMF – World Bank faction and the newly aligned BRICS association, the conclusion usually misses and ignores that all the players are part of a globalist cabal committed to a New World Order.
The passage Thursday of a broad anti-bigotry resolution that exposed chasms in the Democratic caucus regarding Israel marked a coup of sorts for a tight-knit band of House freshmen who – in a matter of hours – were able to shift the spotlight away from embattled Rep. Ilhan Omar’s allegedly anti-Semitic remarks and refocus on issues like Islamophobia and pro-Israel lobby AIPAC.
“The week was supposed to start off with a rebuke of Omar's anti-Semitic comments and it ended up turning into a long list of other hateful actions,” House Republican Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., told Fox News on Friday, saying the final product “fell short of addressing the real problem.”
The House resolution, following a week of Democratic infighting over the language, was approved on a 407-23 vote. The measure originally was drafted in response to Omar, a freshman Democrat from Minnesota, suggesting last week that Israel supporters want U.S. lawmakers to pledge “allegiance” to the Jewish state – which was widely condemned as echoing the age-old “dual loyalties” smear against Jewish politicians.
“Beto O’Rourke’s image makers say he’s Barack Obama but white,” the spot begins, “…he sure does act like it. Born with a blue-blood pedigree, the scion of a prominent family …” it continues noting his father-in-law is a “billionaire real estate developer who bankrolled a super PAC to buy Beto a congressional seat.”
O’Rourke, as an El Paso City Councilman, the ad says, pushed through a “redevelopment scheme to bulldoze a poor Hispanic neighborhood …” at the behest of his father-in-law.