MMXIX Vol. 277 - February 7, 2019
Trump Triumph in SOTU
The president links the collapse of the Venezuelan economy under Nicolas Maduro with the newly envigorated left wing of the Democratic Party.
He says the Maduro regime's "socialist policies" have led the South American nation "into a state of abject poverty and despair."
"Here, in the United States, we are alarmed by new calls to adopt socialism in our country," Mr. Trump continues.
"Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a socialist country."
As Republicans booed, freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.), a self-described Democratic Socialist, broke out with a large smile on the House floor.
President Trump drew a clear line Tuesday night between his party's policies and the creeping socialism some see on the left, declaring at the State of the Union "America will never be a Socialist country" as many nonplussed Democrats appeared to shift uncomfortably in their seats.
The vow from Trump, whose speech was delayed a week amid a partial government shutdown, came as Democrats have proposed an evolving agenda of "Medicare-for-all," free college tuition, minimum wage increases and even guaranteed basic income. Trump cited the ongoing disaster in Venezuela, where socialist policies have wrought "abject poverty and despair," and pledged to maintain free-market economics in the U.S.
“America was founded on liberty and independence and not government coercion, domination and control," he said to Republican applause. "We are born free and we will stay free.”
DAVID BOSSIE: TRUMP TOLD DEMS IN SOTU SPEECH HE WANTS TO WORK WITH THEM. I'M OPTIMISTIC
“Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a Socialist country,” Trump added as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sat stone-faced behind him.
President Donald Trump enjoyed a rare moment of bipartisan unity during his 2019 State of the Union address when he proudly noted that there are more women serving in Congress this year than at any time in history.
Anti-American Leftists Actually Chant ‘USA’
This drew raucous applause from the withholding Democrat women — who wore white in honor of the 100-year anniversary of women getting the right to vote. They even stood up, hooted and hollered, and chanted, “U-S-A! U-S-A!”
Imagine that: Getting anti-American leftists to be openly patriotic. Only Trump could do that.
It was one of the few times during President Trump’s epic SOTU address that he received bipartisan applause.
Mr Trump's Homeland Security Secretary, Kirstjen Nielsen, said: "DHS frontline personnel have made it clear what they need from Congress to end the crisis and fully secure the border. It is time Congress recognises the facts on the ground and takes this problem seriously."
According to a poll by CNN, 59 per cent of viewers felt "very positive" about Mr Trump's speech. However, the majority of those did not believe Mr Trump's call for bipartisanship would be met with success.
Here are the highlights from the CBS survey:
- 65 percent said the speech made them feel proud; 35 percent said it made them feel safer; 21 percent said it left them angry and 14 percent said they were scared by the presidential address.
- 42 percent of those who watched the speech said they were Republicans, 25 percent were Democrats and 33 percent were independents.
- 81 percent said Trump was trying to unite the nation in his speech, compared to 19 percent who said he was trying to divide the U.S.
- 72 percent said they favor the proposals on immigration Trump outlined in his speech, while 28 percent opposed them.
- 91 percent favored what the president outlined on infrastructure, compared to 9 percent who opposed it.
- 75 percent supported his ideas on national security, while 25 percent opposed them.
The results from CNN's poll:
- 48 percent had a very positive reaction to the speech.
- 22 percent had a somewhat positive reaction.
- 28 percent had a negative view of the speech.
Further, CNN found that 62 percent of those surveyed think Trump's policies will move the country in the right direction.
Those results, according to CNN:
- 56 percent said Trump's policies are headed in the right direction on immigration.
- Roughly 80 percent said Trump's policies are headed in the right direction on infrastructure.
- 70 percent said his policies are headed in the right direction on the economy.
NewsGuard Filter Starts the
Next Fake News Trend
Any search engine that filters content is engaged in censorship. When the tech giants were starting out they used traffic stats as a basis for popular ranking of results. Yahoo and Google provided reasonable and mostly reliable information retrieval. Those days are long gone and the fallout of banishing information or banning entire sites to a black memory hole has only one conclusion. The artificial intelligence revolution leads to the heterodoxy of the culture. Couple such algorithms with the underlying social and political bias of the technocratic snobs, who want to control a false reality, and you end up with a planet that is unable to decipher the truth.
Read the entire guest article on the "Stuck on Stupid" archives
All out Warfare on Political Correctness
The bastion of Totalitarian Collectivism is based upon a culture of political correctness. Before authoritarians impose their rigid formulas for shaping and defining a false reality, the ground needs to be prepared for molding public opinion. The details and narrative of mind control works best when people have already adopted an urbanity of collective singularity. The nature of “TC” is the next level beyond political correctness.
“Senate Democrats had the chance today to prove they are not the party of infanticide, and instead they doubled down on extremism,” said Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) President Marjorie Dannenfelser after Democrats blocked the bill. “The Democratic Party’s agenda of abortion on demand through birth and even beyond is radically out of step with the standards of decency the overwhelming majority of Americans expect from their leaders.”
“We urge the Senate to bring the bill to the floor for a recorded vote so Americans can know where each senator stands, and we urge its passage,” Dannenfelser added. “It’s time to get this bill swiftly to the President’s desk for his signature.”
Top 10 Reasons Why Stacey Abrams Was Chosen To Give the State of the Union Response:
- Democrats knew she’d be available
- Claire McCaskill’s private plane was stalled at Dulles.
- Gary Peters volunteered, but like the people of Michigan, Chuck Schumer wasn’t sure who he was.
- Michael Dukakis was snowed in in New Hampshire.
- Al Gore had a guest appearance on South Park that night.
- Hillary Clinton finally found Wisconsin and decided to stay there.
- Joe Kennedy couldn’t find his chapstick.
- She hasn’t staged any protests in Nancy Pelosi’s office.
- She was the only one who could make it back from Iowa for the evening.
- Jon Ossoff wasn’t available.