Your Morning Brew in Detail…
The Benefits of Coffee
When we wake up in the morning, most of us cannot function without a hit of caffeine. While at times it can feel as if we're in the midst of an addiction, a little known fact is that drinking coffee is actually good for you. There are a number of health benefits from the beverage itself, but ritual or routine also contributes to a sense of well-being. We look forward to that first cup of the day, and simply waking up and smelling the aroma of fresh coffee kick-starts your day and can help relieve stress and tension.
We did a little research whilst sipping away on our morning coffees, and we came across some little-known facts about coffee. Here are our top 5:
Jed’s Bean Bags are a just one great way to get a fantastic cup of coffee. Brewed in your cup using 100% Fresh NZ Roasted Coffee, these bags are single serve, packed in biodegradable paper, use a unique pyramid shape and are individually sealed to go where you do. Jasco Distributing also stock a wide range of fresh coffees, from whole bean to plunger grind and coffee pods, as well as coffee-making supplies... We have your coffee fix covered.
- Coffee can make you smarter, by helping you absorb information better
- Studies showed that those that drank coffee while learning, absorbed the information faster and retained the information for longer, over those that did not drink coffee at all whilst learning.
- Coffee can help make you a better athlete
- Caffeine increases Epinephrine (Adrenaline) levels in the blood. This is the “fight or flight” hormone, designed to make our bodies ready for intense physical exertion.
- Coffee can help you lose weight, by speeding up your metabolism
- Caffeine in coffee helps stimulate the nervous system, causing it to send signals to the fat cells to break down body fat.
- Coffee consumption lowers the risk of illness
- This includes liver disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer's, depression, dementia and heart disease (just to name a few).
- Coffee can make us healthier and happier by providing essential nutrients.
- A single shot of espresso contains a handful of B Vitamins, plus Manganese and Potassium.