The first day of spring saw winter protesting its exit while it caused wild weather up and down the country. However, daffodils, cherry blossoms and lambs remind us that warmer weather is on its way. It’s important to remain vigilant though. Winter coughs, colds and viruses are still very much present in the community and seen in the hospital. A particularly bad cough coming off the back of a virus is being helped very quickly through a soothing blend of herbal tea, some specific herbal formulations and vitamins. So don’t suffer with Benadryl – give us a call!
Last month, a group of brave DP Herbal-ers started the first of an 8 week fitness/weight loss classes with the lovely personal trainer Kyla from minifitness. Now half way through we have boxed, “downward dogged”, squatted and planked our way for good health. With only 4 more classes to go we are looking for more people. If you want to give fitness a go, trying a variety of exercises while getting one on one individualised attention this really is the class to come to.
This next month DP Herbals will be focussing on detox (naturally) and spring is the best time to do this. After months of accumulation of winter toxic build up a detox will help you feel cleaner both physically and mentally. Follow the link and do the detox questionnaire – to see what sort of detox you may need.
Lastly, the nicest compliment you can pay us is through a testimonial. One of the easiest ways to do so is to go on Google plus as this will help improve the google rating and send even more clients our way. You can either google DP herbals and click on the review button or follow the below link. https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6230175?hl=en
Have a great month!
You gotta move it, move it, move it….
Exercise is well known to improve sleep, counter depression, and increase a person’s overall quality of life. It is also likely to be associated with any good weight loss program designed to burn fat not muscle. In reality, however, exercise has a far bigger and more important role. It can reduce or reverse disease progression while helping to improve chronic conditions and even injuries. Those clients of DP Herbals that want to lose weight, improve fitness and/or redefine their quality of life are urged to come along to our Saturday fitness classes. These are run in blocks of eight weeks but people can join part way through if there is place available.
Our lovely personal trainer Kyla with her wealth of experience is able to make fitness fun and being in a group situation keeps you motivated (and did I say it was fun?). If you are interested contact us ASAP! Numbers are limited.
Time: 8:45am (45 minutes a session)
Dates: 3rd of October – 21st November
Where: Avonside Girls High school gymnasium. This can be tricky to find on your first time so please come 15 minutes earlier on our first session. I will be waiting outside for you to show you where to come in.
What to wear: Comfortable exercise clothes (there will be bending!) and of course your beautiful smile!
Are you aging quicker than you need to?
So do you need a detox? Try this questionnaire and see.
It is a known fact that toxicity accelerates the aging process. However more relevant is that your wellness is more than likely affected.
Common signs and symptoms that can indicate there is a need for a detox include the following:
- Fatigue, lethargy and/or apathy. Chronic fatigue.
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory and/or recurrent headaches
- Muscle aching and weakness, fibromyalgia
- Immune dysregulation – i.e., recurrent infections, autoimmune disease, allergies
- Sensitivity to environmental chemicals, odours and/or nutritional supplements
- Chronic fatigue and lethargy
- Depression, anxiety and/or mood swings
- Poor short term memory and concentration
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Reproductive disorders
There is a common misconception that detoxing is all about deprivation and starvation, but true detoxification is quite the opposite. Detoxing is about giving your body what it needs so that you can expel the toxins efficiently. Oh, and please don’t try this when you are sick! You need energy to detox and if you try and push it when you are not ready to then you will feel worse than when you first started.
This month we are offering 2 programs which for DP Herbals clients not only help with cleansing the system but will also help you to lose weight (toxins are stored in fat!)
1. Spring express - An express detox package for those who don’t rate that high in the questionnaire and want just a little support going into the latter part of the year. This corrects digestion, supports gut repair, eliminates toxins, and enhances your own microbial environment. This includes 2 live blood screenings. This will take 2-3 weeks.
2. Spring clean – This is particularly good for most people who have established gut problems, fatigue, work with chemicals on a daily basis (hairdressers, mechanics, farm workers). It is a comprehensive plan guaranteed to make you feel great and look even better! This will take 6 weeks. This will include 2 live blood screens with a third one FREE! (Value of $80)
Sweet treats allowed on a detox!
“Caramelised bananas with coconut and macadamia crumble”
By Dinelle Farquharson
1 large banana, cut in half lengthwise and then cut horizontally
1 tablespoon coconut oil
¼ cup raw macadamia nuts
¼ cup shredded coconut
Variations: You can use berries, peaches, cherries or cooked apple/pear/apricot instead of bananas. Add some cinnamon if you like!
Preheat your grill.
- In a pan heat a little coconut oil and cook banana for about one minute on each side until golden. Place into an oven proof dish. You can use individual ones or a larger one.
- Process the macadamia nuts briefly until mostly fine, leaving only a few chunky pieces if you like.
- Remove from processor; add the coconut and coconut oil, then using your fingers combine well with the nut mix. Place the crumble mix over the fruit and grill for five minutes or so until the top is nicely golden.