So it is February and now the 2016 can truly begin! I trust and hope that you all had a lovely break over Christmas and New Year? We did! Despite the very cold days speckled through December and January we managed to have a beautiful week away in sunny Nelson …with everyone else from Christchurch ☺ With computer lid bolted firmly shut, book in hand and mind wandering aimlessly here are my 5 top holiday insights going into 2016.
1. Toothpaste is not a good sunscreen! It appears that toothpaste really doesn’t have the qualities a good sunscreen provides. After absent mindedly reaching for something on the bench and applying it liberally to my forehead, face and arms I happily ventured out into the sun smelling minty fresh with sticky eyebrows. Needless to say I could not give it a good SPF rating!
2. Never try to do all your present shopping and food shopping on Christmas Eve in another town without a car. Yes, that was me. While I sent my family off to do other things (I know you totally understand all you Mums out there) I had to pull things together at the last minute! Lucky I found everything AND much of the nice wrapping paper etc was 50% off! Winning!
3. Always remember that when borrowing your children’s car, you will need to introduce a substance called petrol. Something the car only gets when you are around it seems.
4. Ease into the first week of work. Your body maybe back but your mind hasn’t turned off the “out of office” response yet. Enjoy those days with your clients and colleagues as everyone is also feeling like you – no problem!
5. A call to action! Let’s start a referendum (these are trendy nowadays) as I want the time we all take our summer break revised. Instead of breaking over Christmas (weather is dodgy, its crazy busy with family etc) let’s just honour the stats and then take the main break in February?? Weather warmer, it’s a more relaxed time – nothing going on terribly much. Sound good? All those for a common sense approach to holidays say “yes!”
So now the wisdom is imparted. I hope you have a wonderful month and as always DP Herbals will endeavour to keep you and your family healthy and vibrant in 2016.
Take care (and don’t forget to use toothpaste appropriately!)