Assalamualaikum Dear Community Members,
Attawheed Islamic Center is actively seeking to fill the position for masjid 'Treasurer'. Masjid management is reaching out to you to fill out this important position and help the masjid for sake of Allah. This volunteer position will work with AIC Board, and under its direction on achieving AIC organizational and strategic goals.
Duties would include the following:
- Oversee the AIC's financial administration
- Review, develop as necessary, and enforce financial plans, policies and procedures
- Manage and oversee accurate cash flow of AIC
- Oversee account receivables and account payables and ensure proper recording, following internal controls of AIC Board. Maintain official records and ensure compliance with the federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ensure money collected from the community members is promptly counted and deposited into the masjid bank account.
- Ensure the tool being used for tracking the financials of the masjid is up to date at a reasonable frequency that does not exceed a quarterly cadence.
- Generate ad hoc and annual financial reports for the review and use of the Board.
- Create budgets in concurrence with AIC Board. Recommend any budget amendments to the Board, if deemed necessary for better fiscal management.
- Oversee AIC programs and ensure they operate within the allocated budget, spending guidelines and policies.
- Establish leadership and creativity in fundraising and program-specific fund drives.
- Advise the Board on developing and implementing an effective long-range financial strategy and fundraising.
- Ensure accountability to donors
- Explore and apply for adequate grants from all sources to support AIC programs and projects.
- Intention, commitment and dedication to work for the sake of Allah
- Attention to detail
- Ability and dedication to maintain precise official records of account receivables and account payables following internal controls, and in compliance with the federal, state, and local regulations.
- Organized and timely turnaround for any requested financial documents and information
- Finance background, and experience with bookkeeping and QuickBooks
- CPA and general knowledge of non-profit tax laws – preferred
If you are interested in this position or have any questions or clarifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Last date to respond to this position is January 31, 2023.