Welcome back to school!
We would like to welcome and thank all our new and returning members. Now that school is in full swing it is time to start our regular meetings and get things moving forward.
Our first monthly meeting will be on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 in the Choir Room at 6:30 PM.
We also still have key position openings that will need to be filled as soon as possible
. The most critical openings on the board need to be filled so that we are in compliance with our bylaws:
- Debbie Stewart is the President from last year and is helping us out until a new President can be elected.
- Vice President (President-Elect)
- This role is a two-year commitment and the Vice-President transitions into President the following year.
- In the past couple years this position has been shared by two individuals so that if one person could not make a meeting then the other would be there to record minutes of proceedings.
Some of you may have received phone calls from alumni members asking you to consider taking on these leadership roles. We hope you will give your careful consideration to stepping up to help us continue serving the performing arts at Chaparral. These positions are not limited to returning members. If any of our new members are interested in helping in a leadership role, please contact David Peterson, Debbie Stewart, Denise Erwin, or Ginny Brandes.
Other openings include:
- Volunteer Coordinator/Chair
- Patrons Table Chair
- Logo/Spirit Wear Chair
We hope that you will all join us at the first meeting to discuss these issues and our plans for the upcoming year.
Although we are not required to provide volunteer services at the upcoming Encore Dinner Theatre, we hope that as many as possible will attend and enjoy the show.
We will need volunteers for Cabaret Night. Please watch for the SignUp Genius that will outline the needs for these nights.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing and working with everyone!