That way, you can just say "Alexa, turn off desk light"
If you don't re-name your smart lights, you'll have to remember to say things like "Alexa, turn off new Hue bulb #4" (and who can keep track of that?!). It's super easy to assign names to each of your smart lights.
Do This Now: Re-name your smart lights in 30 seconds or less
Follow these easy steps in the Alexa app:
- Tap "Devices" on the bottom navigation bar
- Tap "Lights" at the top
- Tap the light you want to rename
- Tap the settings icon in the upper right corner
- Tap "Edit Name" on the upper right
- Change the name and tap the Done button on the keyboard
Pro Tip: Group your smart lights! Have a room with multiple Alexa-enabled smart lights? Put your smart lights in a group so you can turn them on and off together. Then you can say "Alexa, turn on bedroom lights" and watch your entire room illuminate. Tap/click here for instructions.