You can easily turn off your Echo Show's news headlines
We all want to be responsible and stay informed about the COVID-19 pandemic. You're probably already getting alerts throughout the day to stay current on the latest developments in your community.
But it's okay if you'd like to create a little distance between yourself and the 24/7 news cycle as you go about your day. Turning off news headlines on your Echo Show is one easy way to do just that!
How to turn off Echo Show headlines in 30 seconds:
- Swipe down from the top of your Echo Show's home screen
- Tap "Settings"
- If you have an Echo Show 5, Tap "Home & Clock." If you have any other Echo Show model, skip to #4
- Tap "Home Content"
- Scroll down to "News" and switch off the toggle
- Keep scrolling down and toggle off "Trending Topics" as well
You can also suspend news during certain hours with Do Not Disturb
When Do Not Disturb is on, your Echo Show will work as usual -- Alexa will still sound timers and alarms and respond to your questions -- but no headlines will appear on the display.
You can easily set a Do Not Disturb schedule following these simple steps:
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap "Devices" in the bottom navigation bar
- Tap "Echo & Alexa"
- Tap into your Echo Show
- Tap "Do Not Disturb"
- Toggle on "Scheduled" and then select Start and End time
Pro Tip: We recommend scheduling Do Not Disturb to start a little earlier and end a bit later than you normally would (say, start at 9 p.m. and end at 9 p.m.) to give yourself time to wake up in the morning and relax into your bedtime routine minus the coronavirus news.