Just ask Alexa to tee up your favorite shows on your Echo Show!
Watching TV shows is a tried-and-true way to give yourself a break -- and we all need one right about now (or maybe more than one!).
If you have an Amazon Prime account, that means you have free access to some amazing TV shows on Prime Video. And you can stream them instantly on your Echo Show or Fire TV just by asking Alexa. To name a few of my favorites...
- Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (pictured above) -- transport yourself to a better, brighter and funnier time than the present in this 1960's comedy-drama (I just finished watching Season 3, and it's amazing)
- The Sopranos -- if you haven't seen this mob drama that kick-started the golden era of TV, you're in for a treat (also, more time at home is a great excuse to re-watch it!)
- 30 Rock -- for laughs!
- Curb Your Enthusiasm -- for more laughs!
- Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan -- for intrigue and action
- Tap/click here to see more options
How to start watching: Simply say the name of the Amazon Prime show you want to watch: “Alexa, play the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” or, to jump right into the latest season, “Alexa, play the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3.”
Bonus Tip: There are also some amazing movies free on Amazon Prime! Tap/click here to check out the NYTimes' guide to the 50 best movies on Amazon Prime.
Some more ways to watch TV with Alexa...
Hulu: If you have a Hulu or Hulu Live subscription, it’s a must to link your account to the Echo Show. Just say “Alexa, open Hulu” and then enter your email and Hulu password on the Echo Show's touchscreen to begin watching. Once you're set up, “Alexa, play Seinfeld on Hulu” (insert show of your choice!).
Live TV: Enable the “Watch TV with Stream Player” skill to view live content on your Echo Show from a variety of local and international networks, like the evening news, cartoons on PBS Kids or even QVC. It's free!