Just say "Alexa, play (name of the podcast) on Apple Podcasts"
Apple Podcasts is by far the most popular podcasting app around, but up until recently you couldn't access it via Alexa. Now, you can easily listen to all of your Apple Podcasts on Alexa -- just link your Apple account to Alexa and then say "Alexa, play (insert name of podcast) on Apple Podcasts."
You can also seamlessly pick up listening to a podcast on Alexa from where you left off listening on your smart phone. For example, after pausing the podcast you were listening to on your way home from work, once you're in the door, just say "Alexa, resume podcast" and listen while you cook dinner.
Do This Now: Link your Apple account to Alexa following the steps below:
- Tap/click here > tap/click "Enable"
- Tap/click "Link Account"
- Enter your Apple ID credentials and complete the sign-in flow to link to Alexa
- If prompted to choose a default Podcast Service, tap the "Select Default Service" and set Podcasts to Apple Podcasts. Otherwise, go into "Settings" > "Music & Podcasts" > "Default Services" to set it
Pro Tip #1: Once you've set Apple Podcasts as your default podcast service, you don't have to say "on Apple Podcasts" after every podcast-related Alexa command. Yay :)
Pro Tip #2: Spotify Podcasts are also available for both free and premium US customers! Follow step #4 under "Do This Now" above to set Spotify as your default podcast provider.
4 handy everyday Alexa commands to listen to podcasts:
- "Alexa, play (insert podcast name) on Apple Podcasts" or "Alexa, play (insert podcast name) from yesterday on Apple Podcasts"
- "Alexa, stop" to pause
- "Alexa, resume (insert podcast name) on Apple Podcasts"
- "Alexa, fast forward 30 seconds"
Pro Tip #3: You can't (yet!) listen to podcasts on Alexa faster than 1.0x speed.