Just say "Alexa, play Tom Petty everywhere!"
Simply add "everywhere" to the end of your command to listen to any artist, song, playlist, podcast, etc. across all the Echo speakers in your home. It's that easy!
What if you only want to play music on some of your Echo devices? When I entertain, I like to play music in the living room and dining room but not in my bedroom. So I created a "Living Area" speaker group that does just that when I say "Alexa, play Tom Petty in the Living Area!" Check out the simple steps in the section below to see how!
Create a multi-room speaker group in a few simple steps:
You can group speakers any way you'd like!
Pro Tip: You can see your Speaker Groups at the bottom of the Devices tab in case you forget what you called them!
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap the "Devices" tab on the bottom navigation bar
- Tap the "+" icon in the upper right corner
- Tap "Set Up Multi-Room Music" (wait a few seconds for the tab to load the speakers)
- Select which devices to include in the group > tap "Next" in the upper right corner
- Select one of the name options shown or scroll down and type your own group name > Tap "Save" in the upper right corner
- Just say "Alexa, play my daily mix on Upstairs Speakers!" (insert the tunes & name of your speaker group)