Holiness, Godliness, Usefulness
04/02/2015, by John Kincaid
Lesson 559: Fear Not, Pt.2
The word “fear” appears 501 times in the King James Version, including fear of the Lord:
“fear God” – 10 verses. Eccl.12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Psa.34:7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.
If we have reverent fear and awe for God, we will fear nothing else.
Matt.10:28 do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Psa.56:4 - in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?
2 Tim.1:7 God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Psa.56:3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
Even better: Isa.12:2 – I will trust and not be afraid. (Trust first, so you can avoid the fear.)
We must learn to:
- replace fear with trust,
- replace worry with thanksgiving, and
- replace anxiety with prayer.
About This Series
The goal of this series is to become more useful in serving the Lord Jesus Christ, as an instrument in the Redeemer's hand. The theme verses for the series are Ephesians 4:22-24, Philemon 11, 2 Timothy 2:21
- to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds,
- and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.
- Formerly he was useless to you, but now he is indeed useful to you and to me.
- Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.