The Washington State Department of Commerce is pleased to partner with ArtsFund to administer over $10 million in Nonprofit Community Recovery (NCR) grants.
Grants range from $2,500 to $25,000. Awards must be used to cover expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, due to financial hardship incurred by the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds will be awarded as unrestricted grants but cannot be used to cover expenses previously covered by other COVID-19 related public funding sources including Paycheck Protection Program funds.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Organizations that meet all of the following criteria:
- Organizations that have 501(c)(3) status, or fiscal sponsorship by a 501(c)(3), with appropriate documentation since FY2019
- Organizations that have a 2019 annual operating budget greater than $25,000
- Organizations that operate in one or more of the following four focus areas:
Arts, culture, science, and heritage organizations
Defined as organizations whose primary mission is to offer or promote artistic, creative, cultural, scientific, technology or heritage programs for the enrichment of their community.
Defined as organizations whose primary mission is to make improvements to a community’s social health, safety, well-being, and overall functioning within a well-defined geographic area. These organizations will be focused specifically on a geographic area and should reference that specific area prominently in their outreach and literature. For more information on types of organizations eligible for this category, please visit the FAQs.
Sports and Recreation Organizations
Defined as organizations whose primary mission is to provide sports or physical recreation programs for children and/or adults. Programs must have designated coaches and organized practices.
Defined as organizations whose primary mission is to serve veterans through their programming or services.
Key Dates, and More Information:
• Applications opened at 1:00 pm on May 10, 2021
• Applications will not be accepted after 11:59 pm on May 24, 2021
• Grant recipients will be notified on or before June 30, 2021
• Funds will be distributed on or before June 30, 2021