I hope this update finds you well.
The North Carolina House and Senate adjourned until April 25, 2015 after a long, but successful legislative session. Here is a quick recap of what happened:
- Teacher Pay Raises
- Tax Cuts and Further Tax Reform
- Increased Funding for Opportunity Scholarships
- A Responsible Budget Agreement
- Medicaid Modernization and Reform
- Bond Package
- Economic Development Initiatives
- Presidential Primary Date Change
Check out some of the specifics below.
North Carolina is on track for continued economic development and vibrancy. Reforms over the past five years are contributing to the current climate of economic growth and prosperity we see today. Along those lines, I continue to be committed to serving the citizens of Harnett County by advocating for their interests in the legislature.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact my office. I appreciate your continued support and wish you well.