The Thanksgiving Project is in Full Swing
This is the month we pause to say ‘THANKS”. For us, we have many folks to express our thanks. In case you missed it, we have a great community Thanksgiving project
underway. We are cooking 50 turkey dinners – and all the sides – and providing the full dinner to 50 families in Hyannis. And it takes many hands to do this – so we want to say thanks to:
- KAM Appliances for being our inspiration for this project and cooking 50 turkeys + stuffing in their store Monday & Tuesday of Thanksgiving week.
- Thank you to the staff at HYCC for connecting us with the 50 deserving families and serving as the pickup point the day before Thanksgiving.
- And to Stop & Shop in Hyannis for helping us get the 50 turkeys.
- Thank you Guaranteed Fresh Produce for supplying the potatoes and butternut squash.
- Each family will have a package of dinner rolls – thank you Pain D’Avignon.
- Thanks to Centerville Pie Company, the Thanksgiving dinner will include a pumpkin pie.
- Food services company Sodexo is supplying cranberry sauce and gravy.
- Thank you Chef Jeni Wheeler and the Faith Church Kitchen for cooking the mashed potatoes.
- The team at The Daily Paper restaurant will be cooking the butternut squash – Thank You!
- Our thanks also go to The Casual Gourmet for providing walk-in cooler space to store the cooked food before it is picked up.
- Thank you Cape Cod Five for providing bags we can use to distribute the dinners.
- And thanks to the Hyannis Fire and Barnstable Police Departments for helping with distribution the day before Thanksgiving.
It is truly a community effort – look for pictures on our web site and on social media after Thanksgiving and in our December newsletter.
Have you recently started (or thinking about starting) a food related business? We can help.
Starting in January, we are offering a course for the Culinary Entrepreneur – a series of 8 classes covering all the basic functions in business – Legal, Technology, Sales, Marketing, etc.
Each week’s class will feature a session with a Cape Cod based expert in that field and a related workshop applying that function to a developing business.
Looking to learn about kitchen & cooking skills?
With a series of classes geared for those looking to work in the food industry, in February we begin a series of skills classes in a commercial kitchen.
This is hands-on learning for those looking for a job in a restaurant or the ‘up & coming’ food maker who needs to learn more about the craft.
You can find more details here
Interested in Getting Involved?
Our next board meeting is December 2nd at 4 PM. Interested? We would love to have more people involved who are interested in the food industry and helping food-based entrepreneurs move their business forward.
Get in touch! We’d love to hear from you