A word from our President -
An Incubator is . . . so much more . . .
It is not just about having a kitchen . . . While our main goal continues to be finding that place where we can open and operate a shared use commercial kitchen, the incubator concept provides a number of ways we can contribute to and support the local food-based economy of the Cape. Education is a big part of our work and we have kicked off two different series of classes for those on the Cape that want to get into a food-based business. There are a lot of focused and enthusiastic folks working on building culinary businesses here.
Our Culinary Skills Class is enrolling now. See the link below for additional information and a link to our application.
Our Entrepreneurship Classes for the Culinary Start-ups are in full swing with 11 members attending weekly classes on running a business. This group started with a session on: You – the Entrepreneur followed by classes on Selecting your Product or Service, Bookkeeping & keeping track of the details and cash flow. Six more classes – each with an expert guest lecturer – will bring us to a full curriculum in March. A fun and engaged group.
Special thanks to our experts who are leading the group each week
- Jeni Wheeler of Jeni’s Joy & Faith Family Kitchen
- Sue Martin of Pay Cape Cod
- Jim Dannhauser of SCORE
- Bert Jackson of Cape Cod Tech Council
- Laura Gaito of Rockland Trust and owner of the food truck What The Truck
- Linda Davey from CCCI Board & formerly from Sodexo
- Shayna Ferullo of Tidal Marketing & co-owner of Snowy Owl Coffee
- Scott Yelle from Sales Xeleration
And, on Leap Day (February 29th) we will be holding our next KAM Cooking Series class: A Simple Supper for a Winter Day.
And a preview . . . in the coming months . . .
- Save the date - our March KAM Cooking Series Class will be held on March 14th.
- Save the date for school vacation week (April 20th). We are planning a series of kids cooking classes that week
- Save the date June 4th --- a FoodFest where different chefs and food makers will be doing demonstrations and sharing their goodies
- Plus we will be rolling out a new series of youth culinary classes focused on the under-served population in Barnstable