We recently came across a great, 3 minute video from Enterpreneur.com showing 22 qualities that make great leaders.
People often ask us what we think are the most critical qualities that make up a leader. As seen in a previous post, we typically answer this question, without referencing a list of specific qualities – rather we think it boils down to
- who they are (their unique specific traits, qualities and characteristics) and
- what they do (their actions, reactions and behaviours – how people experience their leadership).
Many leaders have the potential to be a great leader – and be quite a different leader from the next person; but just as effective – so long as they truly own the role.
We believe an ‘ideal leader’ is a ‘real’ one.
A great leader is one who a) wants to be a leader and b) wants to be a better one!
Still – it can help when finding ways to reflect on ourselves as leaders, to have some well considered prompts! Sometime this week set aside 6 minutes to reflect on yourself as a leader.
- Spend 3 minutes watching this video showing 22 qualities some think we should strive to improve as leaders…
- Then spend 3 more thinking about which of these qualities are important for your team in the context if what is happening right now.
- Which qualities are current strengths?
- Which have you been using as part of your practice?
- And which of them need further attention?
- What would others say? Is it worth getting some feedback?
Our answer to what makes a great leaders … those that a) want to be one, and b) want to be a better one! Where do you need to focus energy to help you become a better one?
Click here to see the video link.