|Chief Executive Officer (CEO) / Chef de la direction Montréal, Canada
For 50 years, the World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) has provided global leadership to improve and sustain care for people with hemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. A Quebec-based not-for-profit representing national patient organizations in over 120 countries, the WFH helps save a and improve lives by implementing sustainable programs in developing countries; educating and training experts to properly diagnose and manage patients; channeling product donations where they are needed most and advocating for adequate supply of safe treatment products; organizing the largest international scientific meeting on bleeding disorders; and educating and empowering people with bleeding disorders to help them live healthier, more productive lives.
The WFH is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will work closely with the board and staff to develop and grow the organization to fulfill its mission, secure new and existing sources of funding, lead a strong team of professional staff and volunteers, and represent the organization on a global stage.
Reporting to: WFH President; responsible to WFH Board
Location: Montreal Canada (HO)
Start date: IMMEDIATE (November 2014, or earlier)
- The CEO is responsible for establishing and overseeing execution of major goals and objectives for the organization, including securing funding and leading a strong team of professional staff and global network of committed volunteers.
- The CEO represents the organization and acts as a principal spokesperson with key stakeholders including national member organizations, world government ministers, international development agencies, and sponsors and partners, to foster quality health care globally for people with bleeding disorders.
- The specific responsibilities for this position are detailed under five main headings:
Communications & Marketing.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
Compensation package will be commensurate with professional background and experience.
- Min. 5 years of executive team management experience in global healthcare, international development, not-for-profit, or related field, along with university degree/recognized professional qualification (CAE) and additional 8-10 years of relevant work experience;
- Superior interpersonal skills, including collaborative and diplomatic abilities to raise funds and liaise effectively with a broad range of stakeholders worldwide;
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, and ability to innovate and implement new initiatives;
- A global perspective and experience working with boards, committees and volunteers; available for extensive international travel;
- Excellent oral and written English (main language of work); fluent in at least one other international language (French, Spanish, others).
If you are interested in working with a global network to achieve our vision of treatment for all people with bleeding disorders, please enquire or forward your resume and cover letter in English, in strictest confidence, no later than Thurs. SEPTEMBER 11, 2014, to firstname.lastname@example.org
World Federation of Hemophilia / Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie
1425 boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, Bureau 1010, Montréal, Québec H3G 1T7
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed individuals will be contacted with additional recruitment information. Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.
fax +1 514 - 875 - 8916 tel. +1 514 - 875-7944