Last week, United Way East Ontario invested in 39 programs across Ottawa, Prescott-Russell, Lanark County and Renfrew County to respond to the ongoing needs in our communities exacerbated and amplified by the pandemic.
As optimism grows with vaccinations and economic reopening plans, United Way recognizes that the social challenges of COVID-19 have not gone away, and many people are still struggling. The $2 million investment will:
- provide basic needs like food and PPE;
For more information click here.
- support isolated seniors and their caregivers;
- strengthen mental health supports;
- address learning loss among vulnerable children and youth;
- empower community services to continue their frontline work; and
- build a more equitable recovery from the pandemic.