Allowing Wonder and Curiosity to Reinstate Health and Ease
Worship Associate: Simon Ren
Sunday, November 29, 2020, 10:30am EST
Click Here for an Order of Service
This month the UU theme is healing, the presupposition here is that something is unhealthy or is in dis-ease. Perhaps, the starting point is to explore a few questions.
1. How do you turn pain into connection?
2. How do you move beyond apology to repair?
3. How do you accept what is verses what you want?
4. How do you maneuver beyond judgements and imperfections to acceptance?
5. Do you agree with the statement: Without Judgment there is no need for forgiveness?
Please join us for an insightful discussion of healing from a diversified perspective.
Join us Via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 972 7514 1173
Or Dial in:312-626-6799
November 2020 Board Meeting Speedy Report
- Speedy Reporting: the Board decided to start publishing a short blip in the News after monthly meetings to keep congregation more informed
- Endowment Fund monies formally dedicated to gain interest income, keep sufficient flexibility in emergencies, and show CUUB's dedication to building an endowment
- Building re-opening: assigned task force to investigate Worship Team needs & tabled more expensive HVAC/etc. upgrades
- Policy Availability task force: asking each Team to confirm the version, etc.; will facilitate document control soon.
- Healing/Moving Forward: next Town Hall to be February/mid; Board members will independently work on historic problems investigation for next month
- HR Team's 3rd member: unanimously approved Katie Andrews to join VP Jeanette Darbe and Mike Kelly. Welcome, and thank you for your service!
Spiritual Exploration (SE) News
What's happening in SE this week:
Nov 29th - 9:30am Let's get together on Zoom and connect and share.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88260668230
Dec 1st - Bedtime Story at 7:30pm
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88359510285
Dec 5th 4pm -Dec 6th 12pm - Stuffed Animal Sleepover at CUUB - Even though us humans aren't able to gather during this time at CUUB, stuffed animals still can! All information in link.
Check out the November Padlet for fun activities. Fun Thanksgiving Break Bingo and Scavenger Hunt - https://padlet.com/secoordinator/u3f48sgftv7r9r4s
Search Team News
The Search team want to thank everyone who attended the CUUB Quarterly Townhall Briefing & listening session after services last week that included a ministerial search update.
The next step in the process of finding our next minister for our members & friends is a “Beyond Categorical Thinking” Workshop on Saturday, December 5 from 10-11:30 and 1-2:30pm (please plan on attending both sessions).
The facilitator will give the sermon on the next day, Sunday, December 6. More details can be found at https://www.cuub.org/search along with summaries of the survey and cottage meetings.
Thank you for your outstanding contributions to these efforts,
Severe Weather Network of Livingston County Homeless Shelter
CUUBies thank you for your support last season for helping the homeless in Livingston County. Of course the cold weather is back, the need is still here and Covid 19 changes everything. Click here to see what we need to do now to help our homeless through their difficult times. If you have any questions or want to learn more contact Greg Soave CUUB Representative, SWN 810-730-6066 firstname.lastname@example.org
To donate to this great cause click here.
Racial Justice Conversations
Please join us for racial justice conversations on December 6th & 20th. Check-in time to catch up will begin at 11:45 and the session will start at 12:00. We will use part of the time to discuss the beginning chapters of “So You Want to Talk About Race?” Everyone is welcome!
Use this Zoom link to join us each time.
Facilities Updates - making CUUB safer
CUUB's facilities team has completed a fence between the playground and the pond to help keep kids safe that are playing and may want to escape toward the water.