July 30 - August 4, 2017
If you are interested in submitting a course for consideration or there is a course you would like to see or attend, please submit your ideas on the course submission form. Your submissions will be reviewed by the Program Committee who will contact you for further information.
FSCI@UCSD is a week-long program that offers participants training, networking and skills development in new modes of research communication.
University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA USA
The Institute will bring world-leading experts in different aspects of scholarly communication to San Diego to deliver courses that will help participants navigate this new world. Courses are being designed for all levels, from absolute beginners to experts and are aimed at different audiences, including students, researchers, administrators, funders, and information professionals, including librarians and publishers.
Typical topics to be covered at the annual event will include:
- Open Access, Open Source, Open Data, What Does this All Mean?
- Building a Digital Presence: Social Media, Repositories, and the Researcher
- Research Communications 101: Tools for Improving Scholarly Communication
- Data and Other Forms of Non-narrative Publication
- Understanding Research Metrics
- Open Peer Review: How to give and Receive Criticism
- Copyright, Open Access and Open Data
- New Metrics and How to Use Them to Build a Research Portfolio
- Introduction to Open Data Management
- Implications of OA on Research Publications
- Making it Work: Knowledge Mobilization, Knowledge Translation, and Popularization
- Implementing Successful Open Access, and Open Data Mandates
- Supporting the Research Lifecycle for Researchers and Administrators
- Evaluating New Forms of Research Publication
- Implications of OA on Publication and Collection Building
- Data Ownership and Copyright Issues
- Data-informed Strategy for Institutional Leaders
- Maximizing Impact Across Disciplines
- Increasing Transparency and Reproducibility in Research Communications
Bookmark the website and watch for further information.