Hello EGFMP participants,
We're in week 10, and the culminating workshop is less than 3 weeks away! The purpose of this email is to clarify a few things since there is no new assignment.
1) Please fill out the survey if you have not already. Your responses to the survey will help us improve the mentoring program in the future. I've included the link again below:
2) We aim to return written feedback on the personal statements by August 18 via email. This feedback will provide 3-4 areas where we believe that you can improve your draft moving forward. Please note that providing written feedback via email is unique to this summer mentoring program. If you want more extensive feedback on any application essays in the future, you will need to use the https://rutgers.mywconline.com/ website to book a meeting.
3) If you have not already done so, please use the "Building a Funding Plan" tutorial to develop your funding plan. Here is the link: http://gradfund.rutgers.edu/funding-plan/
4) If you have not already done so, please schedule a meeting with us in the next two weeks to go over your funding plan. You will need to submit the draft of your funding plan to the rutgers.mywconline.com website in order to keep your meeting. Please note, these meetings are meant to cover your funding plan and other questions about external funding. We will answer general questions about the current application cycle, but we will not have a full discussion of your application essays.
5) I am excited to announce that we have secured a panel of 3 previous winners of the Ford Predoctoral Fellowship and 2 previous winners of the NSF GRF! This panel will be held during the August 30th workshop, which has been scheduled from 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM in room AB 4225 of the Academic Building (College Avenue campus). You can begin to think of questions that you would like to ask the past winners. More details of the workshop will be in the email next week.
That's all for now. Have a great weekend!
Miya and Dan