We've been here for three months! Some developments:
Que Dios los bendiga abundantemente.
- The Lord provided a great house for us!
- COVID protocols change regularly! We've been in and out of lockdowns, which has made it a challenge to really get settled in and especially to be able to meet people - and to actually know what they look like without masks!
- Colombia has experienced a lot of social unrest and violence over the last several weeks. It started as protests against a tax initiative but has grown to encompass many issues stemming from hard economic times and government heavy-handedness. As guests here, it's tricky for us to know how to engage (and not) with all that is going on.
- In the midst of all this, Amy has been able to get a practicum site for her counseling degree. This is a huge answer to prayer!
- Amy continues to support the ministry of Parakaleo Latin America. They currently have 60 women from 10 countries training virtually in material that they will then be able to transmit to others in their local contexts.
- Johnny is here for his summer break - we're loving getting time with him.
Steve & Amy