I don't believe we have just one life purpose. Some people stay in one profession, with one main message, sure. But that certainly isn't my path. And I don't think that is the general rule. Here's MY truth - and I hope it helps to free you, too:
- My signature programs today are what make me happiest to offer right now. They might not be what I offer in my business tomorrow. I like variety.
- My bright idea today might not bring me joy once I get into the mechanics of how to make it happen. I might press on to see it through. Or, I might hate the process and decide it's not for me and move on to the next bright idea that makes me happier. It's my choice. It's my experience.
- Hobbies that I am passionate about might change. I might even find something tomorrow that I am more passionate about than what I did yesterday. Gasp!
- My opinions might change as I gain more experience or learn about another perspective.
- What makes me happy today might shift as I learn other ways to be happy or am exposed to things or ways of living that I didn't know could make me happy.
- My purpose today might be different tomorrow. I don't follow one linear path to happiness.
For example, I ran a very successful challenge
last month. It was a wonderful experience filled with heart bursting moments for me. I want to offer it again each year. BUT that doesn't mean I am changing my business or that I HAVE to offer that challenge every year. It just means that if it makes me happy to do so, I can.
It is so freeing when you remember that you have a choice in how you run your life. In how you choose to spend your precious time and energy.
Point is...I am a moving, living, changing being. So are you. Allow yourself room to change, room to grow, room to learn. Give yourself permission to do what makes you happiest and serves you best. In any moment. Even if it's different from yesterday. Even if it's different from what you think it should be. Or what everyone around you thinks it should be.
Want to go walk dogs for a living? DO IT! In three months, you'll be ready for your next adventure. Don't let life dictate when it's time to leave a job or a relationship. Don't let life dictate where you live. Don't let life dictate your satisfaction. You are worth more than that. Start with the little things that make you happy. Walking every day. Having a cozy environment to come home to. Buying yourself flowers or dessert. Work up to the big things. But never lose sight of the fact that your purpose here is to be as happy as you possibly can stand. THAT'S a fun challenge, right?
Your one responsibility on this earth is to create your own happiness. That is your life purpose. Align with that goal each day and your purpose will write itself. Again and again.
And before you know it you might even just see your true, happiest self...
Are you in?
To Adventures and Surprises!