Founder's Day Bowling Brings a Crowd
On Friday, October 3, members and guests gathered at SpareTimes in Hampton to celebrate AKPsi's Founder's Day. The event brought out 15 attendees including two potential new HRAC members and future AKPsi brother, baby Aldridge. Brothers and friends bowled multiple games and enjoyed drink specials throughout the evening.
This was our second Founder's Day celebration at SpareTimes.
Pampered Chef Fundraiser
Are you a fan of Pampered Chef items? Have you been thinking about adding some upgraded items to your kitchen? Or perhaps you just want to make a small purchase to help out the chapter? Whatever your reason, now is the time to shop!
During the month, he Hampton Roads Alumni Chapter will host an online Pampered Chef Fundraiser. Brother Brittany Heller's aunt in Richmond has offered to share the collection with us. 10% of sales will be donated to the chapter. View the collection and start shopping for yourself or to get some of your holiday shopping out of the way...and help out the chapter while you do so.
AKPsi Brotober is Here
Alpha Kappa Psi is celebrating its 110th birthday this year with the #AKPsiBrotober photo challenge. The challenge will continue throughout the month of October -ending on October 31. During each day of the challenge, participants will post a photo that fits that day's description with the hashtag #AKPsiBrotober and tagging Alpha Kappa Psi on our Facebook Fanpage, Twitter or Instagram accounts.
Any individual who participates on a given day will be placed into a raffle (one entry per day). Ten winners will be drawn from a raffle on November 3. Prizes include a flag/banner, letter t-shirt, lanyard, luggage tag, or key chain.
Keep the Videos Coming!
The 2015 Convention is coming to Norfolk and we need your help in showing what we have to offer in our area! We are working on a video to share with other AKPsi brothers to help promote the convention and all the fun things people can do here in Hampton Roads.
How can you help? If find yourself in a fun environment or at a local landmark, pull out your camera or phone and record a few seconds of yourself dancing around the area. (10 to 30 seconds is fine.) Yes...it sounds silly, but silly is what we want! We will compile all of the videos to make our own "Happy" video like Pharrell's.
We request that the videos are during the day or in a well lit area and that all videos are sent to brother Kim Green, email@example.com no later than 11/15. Please do not wait until the deadline though. Send your videos as you take them! So next time you're in downtown Norfolk, at Mermaid Winery, at a Tides game, by the oceanfront, or wherever it may be, start recording! Be as silly as you'd like!
August Brotherhood Spotlight:
1. What is your full name? Shelly Lynn Rossi
2. When is your birthday? April 9
3. When did you join AKPsi? Gamma Zeta Fall 2010
4. Where did you go to school? Christopher Newport University
5. Do you have any siblings? I am the oldest of two. I have a brother that attends the Apprentice School at Newport News Shipbuilding
6. What is your favorite color? Orange
7. What is your guilty pleasure? Desserts
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? I would like the ability to transform into other objects or animals. I believe it would be a neat way to see the world from many different perspectives.
9. What are your best three traits? Honest, Loyal, and Dedicated
10. Do you have any unusual talents? No
11. What is your favorite food(s)? I like Mexican food!
12. What is your favorite tv show? There are so many!!!
13. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why? I would go to the Caribbean and enjoy the clear waters!
14. What is your favorite type of music? Country
15. Have you ever played any sports? I have played soccer, softball, basketball, flag football, volleyball, and competed as a cheerleader and a baton twirler.
16. Tell us an embarrassing story. Whenever I eat I get these obnoxious hiccups and sometimes people look around and ask if I heard a dog yelp.....
Did you like reading about Shelly? Want to share your story? Sign Up for a Spotlight Now