5th Annual Cookout
The 5th Annual HRAC Cookout is right around the corner! Be sure to keep your calendar clear for May 22 as we will be hosting our largest event of the year. This year, the cookout will be held at Sandy Bottom Nature Park in Hampton, VA and will begin at 3:00 pm.
The cookout is a pot luck event where the chapter will provide the entree and each brother is asked to contribute a dish for the event. You may click here or on the link below to sign up to bring a dish. We also encourage you to invite any potential new members to this event as it is a great opportunity for them to meet and bond with the HRAC brothers.
Outstanding Top Golf Outing
On Saturday, April 23, brothers and guests joined the chapter for our first HRAC sponsored event where discounted tickets were purchased ahead of time and the chapter covered the remainder of the bill. The chapter had 15 participants at the Top Golf outing including current paid members (who received a significant discount for the event), Iota Pi graduates, and guests. All in attendance agreed that it was an extraordinary event. Both golfers and non-golfers had a blast attempting to hit the targets out on the range.
The chapter purchased 3 bays for 2 hours each, and while waiting for the bays to be prepared, many enjoyed delicious appetizers and beverages from the restaurant area.
If you aren't an official member of HRAC for 2016, we encourage you to join so you can participate in future activities like the Top Golf outing held last month!
General Body Scheduled for June 11
back to top
Please mark your calendars! Our next general body meeting is scheduled for Saturday, June 11. To coincide with our plan to alternate locations, this meeting will be held on the Peninsula. Please watch for more information on the time and place.
Remember that all active members must attend two meetings per year in order to maintain their status. Come hear important announcements and learn about upcoming events, activities and changes for the HRAC and share your thoughts!.
May Brotherhood Spotlight:
1. What is your full name? Joshua Mark Grohler
2. When is your birthday? November 15, 1988
3. When did you join AKPsi? Summer 2015
4. Where did you go to school? Virginia Commonwealth University
5. Do you have any siblings? Younter brother, Zachary Grohler, also in AKPsi. A sister ten years younger, Jessica Grohler
6. What is your favorite color? Green
7. What is your guilty pleasure? The OC
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? Speak to and see dead people. It would be very nice to be able to talk to people that were important in my life that have passed on
9. What are your best three traits? One good trait is that I am very personable and can hold a conversation with about anybody. It has helped me in my personal life and professional life. I feel I have the skill of listening and helping people through difficult times. Some people refer to it as a savior complex. I'm also outspoken which I look at as a positive since I'm not afraid to speak my mind and give people an honest opinion.
10. Do you have any unusual talents? No unusual talents.
11. What is your favorite food(s)? I love sausage biscuits and gravy. I really enjoy a homemade chicken pot pie. Stuffed shells and French toast with bacon are high up the list as well.
12. What is your favorite tv show? How I Met your Mother
13. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why? I would love to go to the great barrier reef and scuba dive on the reef.
14. What is your favorite type of music? I really enjoy Motown music from the 60s and 70s
15. Have you ever played any sports? I've played about every sport there is. Soccer is my favorite sport. I have played basketball, tennis, golf, and baseball. My mother never allowed me to play football in fear her baby boy would get hurt.
16. Tell us an embarrassing story. I was at the batting cage when I was a kid and my dad was trying to teach me how to hit a baseball. He was behind me showing me how to swing and I said stop dad, I need to hit the ball. He said it's not coming out yet. Then a second later, the ball came out and hit me right in the eye! I had a black eye for a week and had to go to school with a black eye. It was miserable.
Did you like reading about Josh? Want to share your story? Sign Up for a Spotlight Now