Who's Up for Laser Tag?
Need to let off some steam? Take a mid-day break and join us for laser tag during our August social seconds event at Laser Quest in Virginia Beach.
Mark your calendar for Saturday, August 9. We will meet at the facility at 4:00 pm where we will be placed into groups and briefed on the process. Get ready for some fast paced, adrenaline pumping fun. What other opportunity will you have to shoot at your brothers?!
Please be sure to RSVP if you plan to attend so we know to wait for you. Games are $9.
September is the Next General Body Meeting
Did you miss our spring general body meeting in May? Be sure to mark your calendar for our next meeting which is scheduled for Saturday, September 13 at 10:00 am. The meeting will take place at Christopher Newport University The building and room number will be provided closer to the date of the meeting. Alumni brothers and current CNU Iota Pi members are invited to join us for brunch at Schooners after the meeting.
Remember that all active members must attend two meetings per year in order to maintain their status. Come stay up to date with the HRAC happenings and join us for laser tag afterwards!
Guys Night Out
On July 26, a few of the men from the alumni chapter gathered together to enjoy a Guy's Night Out. The event started in historic downtown area of Portsmouth at the Bier Garden for German beer and pretzels; then the gentlemen continued to Baron's Pub down the street. Later during the day, the guys took the Elizabeth River Ferry to Norfolk where they enjoyed a seafood dinner at Hellz Kitchen. After several rounds of pool and beverages at Baxter's Sports Bar, they concluded the night at Scotty Quixx Lounge & Bistro on Granby Street.
AKPsi brothers attending Guys Night Out included Jody South, Zach Grohler, and DeAndre Littles. Josh Grohler and Gaston Ledford also joined in the fun for the day. This event highlights how a bond of brotherhood can lead to blossoming new friendships.
Ladies Travel for Wine Tasting
In addition to the Guy's Night Out on July 26, our AKPsi ladies and friends also planned an adventure for the day which involved wine tasting at a few local vineyards. The ladies gathered in Virginia Beach to carpool to Pungo Ridge Winery for the first tasting and then ventured to Martin Vineyards in Knotts Island, NC. The afternoon of wine tasting concluded after an early dinner at Blue Pete's Restaurant.
Alongside brothers Kim Green and Sonya Veal were Julie South (wife of brother Jody South) and Monica Crain (lifelong friend of brother Kim Green). This was the first time some of them had ever met, but the group had an excellent bonding experience.
back to top
July Brotherhood Spotlight:
1. What is your full name? Deandre Marquese Littles
2. When is your birthday? 09/20/1985
3. When did you join AKPsi? Fall 2006
4. Where did you go to school? Johnson & Wales and Old Dominion University
5. Do you have any siblings? Oldest male 2nd oldest child
6. What is your favorite color? Blue
7. What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate anything
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? I would love to be able to fly; just seems like it would be a fun ability.
9. What are your best three traits? My ability to win over people; my giving heart; my ambition
10. Do you have any unusual talents? Nope
11. What is your favorite food(s)? Macaroni and cheese
12. What is your favorite tv show? Currently Suits but I like Scandal as well
13. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why? Australia seems like it would be an amazing adventure
14. What is your favorite type of music? I love all music
15. Have you ever played any sports? Yes, baseball and wrestling mainly
16. Tell us an embarrassing story. When I was 16 I decided to bleach my hair blonde and got called Rodman for awhile.
Did you like reading about Deandre? Want to share your story? Sign Up for a Spotlight Now