Friday, March 21
COSI (Galaxy Theater)
333 W. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Ohio State's partnership with COSI is broad, deep and continually expanding. The OSU@COSI Symposium Series celebrates the breadth of this unique and nationally-recognized partnership. Each installment in the series will highlight one of the myriad ways in which Ohio State faculty and students bring research to life at COSI.
Research? Outreach? Or the intersection of the two?
Join us for the inaugural symposium on March 21st to learn how Ohio State researchers are working with COSI to enhance their research programs by using COSI as a venue for data collection.
Meet the groups from Labs in Life, Ohio State's working research laboratories at COSI. Hear from faculty and students who collect their research data in other areas at COSI and learn how COSI can help you recruit participants for your research.
WELCOME AND OVERVIEW:
The Ohio State-COSI Partnership
LABS IN LIFE:
Collecting Data in a “Fishbowl”
- Language Pod: Laura Wagner, associate professor of psychology, College of Arts and Sciences
- Generation Rx Lab: Nicole Kwiek, clinical assistant professor of pharmacology, and Molly Downing, postdoctoral fellow, College of Pharmacy
- Eye Pod: Melissa Bailey, associate professor, College of Optometry
ALL OF COSI IS A LABORATORY:
A Panel Discussion
Moderator: Jan Weisenberger
, senior associate vice president for research, Ohio State
- Joe Heimlich, professor, Ohio State University Extension and specialist, OSUExtension@COSI
- Bryan Martin, associate dean for graduate and medical education and professor, Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine
- Sarah Schoppe-Sullivan, associate professor, Department of Human Sciences, College of Education and Human Ecology
- Carmen Swain, lecturer, Department of Human Sciences, College of Education and Human Ecology
MAXIMIZING YOUR PARTICIPANT
How COSI Can Help
- Rita Deedrich, senior director for evaluation, planning and research, COSI
RECEPTION AND POSTER SESSION
(Labs in Life)
- Explore the Labs in Life and the showcase of posters featuring research from the labs