The library director and board of directors have given the go ahead for a book sale and silent auction starting on Sunday, August 30th through Wednesday, September 2nd. Because the library is still closed, we will hold the sale at the Contemporary Club, which is located behind the library and the Lincoln Shrine. We want everyone to be safe, so the following will be in place for staff and patrons:
- Masks will be required for entry (bring your own, or use a disposable provided at the door).
- The number of people allowed into the foyer and sales area will be limited.
- Upon entering the sales area gloves or use of hand sanitizer is required (provided at the door).
- Friends volunteers will be on hand to direct and assist patrons.
- Restrooms will not be available.
Sunday 1pm – 5pm
Monday 11am - 6pm
Tuesday 11am - 6pm
Wednesday 1pm - 5pm* - Note: Auction bids will close at 4pm
We have a variety of books including fiction, non-fiction, cooking, children’s, art, and gardening. Pricing is $3 per item on Sunday and Monday, $2 per item on Tuesday, and $1 per item on Wednesday.
The silent auction will take place in the foyer of the Contemporary Club. We have a wonderful collection of books, collectibles, and art. The auction will look very similar to what you are accustomed to in the library:
Click here to go to a full list of auction items.
- Bid sheets will accompany the items, and bidders will write their name and bid amount.
- The bidding closes at 4pm on Wednesday and the high bidder may pick up items between 4pm and 5pm.
- If the highest bidder is not present before 5pm, we will call the bidder to make alternative arrangements for payment and pickup of the item.
Cash, check, and credit cards will be accepted. No coins at this time.
We look forward to seeing you there!