June Luncheon Featured Speaker: Everyone!
This month is a networking event! We encourage you to meet and mingle with new people. Bring your business cards and prepare your elevator pitch!
If you are like many of us, networking is fun once you're into the swing of things. So here's a few tips to make it a little easier -- we hope to see you out networking at next week's luncheon.
Six Fun Tips to Try for Easier Networking :
- Hang out at the food or coffee stations and strike up conversations naturally. Before you move on, introduce yourself with a smile.
- Approach someone who is standing alone. Have a compliment or a positive observation about your surroundings ready as an ice breaker.
- Visit the brochure table and select a brochure that interests you. Ask someone nearby if they know who is here that represents the business and ask them to point her out to you. Then go seek that person out and introduce yourself.
- Bring your own business cards or marketing material for the brochure sharing table
- Bring a sample or coupon to gift to a few women in the room. Approach a small group and meet three or more at a time!
- Ask someone you know to introduce you to one of their acquaintances in the room.
We hope this helps you get the most out of your networking luncheon!
Wondering about our AGM?
It was originally scheduled for the June meeting; however, due to changes in the Society Act, we will be tabling our Annual General Meeting until September. Viewing of the reports and financials will be accessible on the website in July.