Frequently Asked Questions
When are reservations required?
Between April 3, 2022 and October 3, 2022 reservations are required for your vehicle to enter Arches National Park every day between 6 am and 5 pm. Reservations will allow visitors to enter the park during a one-hour window. For example, a 7 am ticket will allow entry between 7:00 and 7:59 am. Once you are inside the park you can stay as long as you like.
You can also exit and re-enter the park on the same day once your Timed Entry Ticket is validated.
How can I make a reservation?
Reservations are available through any of the following:
- Online at Recreation.gov (free account required)
- Using the Recreation.gov mobile app (iOS/Android)
- Call the Reservation Line at 877-444-6777
- Call the Reservation Line (TDD) at 877-833-6777
- Assistance is available in person at the Moab Information Center downtown.
There are no same-day sales at the park or through park offices.
How far in advance can I make my reservation?
3 Months in Advance - Reservations can be made 3 months in advance of your visit:
One Day Before Your Visit - A limited number of tickets will be available for purchase one day prior to entry at 6 pm MDT through Recreation.gov. These are expected to sell out quickly and visitors are encouraged to plan ahead.
- April reservations (April 3-30) open January 3.
- May reservations (May 1-31) open February 1.
- June reservations (June 1-30) open March 1.
- July reservations (July 1-31) open April 1.
- August reservations (August 1-31) open May 1.
- September reservations (September 1-30) open June 1.
- October reservations (October 1-3) open July 1.
How much does it cost to get a reservation?
The non-refundable reservation fee is $2 per day.
Do I need to pay an Entrance Fee in addition to the Reservation Fee?
Yes. Entrance fees still apply. (Park passes are accepted.) Entrance Fees can be paid at the entrance station.
What if I have a campground reservation and/or a Fiery Furnace permit?
Reservations will not be required for those with camping permits, backcountry permits, or Fiery Furnace permits. You must show your campground reservation or other permit for entry into the park. Entrance fees still apply.
Do bicycles require reservations?
No, but the appropriate park entrance fee must be paid at the entrance station.
Is the reservation per person or per vehicle?
The reservation is for a vehicle (15 passenger capacity or less) and all its occupants