From the Managing Director
Our Red Emerald Strategic Plan positions Utah as an industry leader in responsible visitation and sustainable tourism. Fortunately, travel trends indicate that many visitors are seeking destinations that value stewardship and environmental responsibility. Our office wants to know what you are doing in sustainable tourism and how we can support and promote your efforts.
Sustainable tourism promotes the economic, cultural and environmental health of our communities. Examples of these practices include:
- Guided experiences that celebrate local history, culture and ecosystem.
- Offering locally sourced products or services to customers.
- Paying competitive salaries to employees.
- Educating visitors on safety and preparedness.
- Extending visitation to reduce community and environmental impact and increase profitability.
I encourage you to take the survey below and share your feedback with us by Friday, March 12. Together we can lead the way to ensure Utah remains Forever Mighty.
Utah Office of Tourism