NationalHCAW Newsletter 2022
By Mark Healey
Welcome to issue 16 of our UK Hate Crime Sector Newsletter.
Today the anti-hate crime charity 17-24-30 Nationalhcaw launched its annual Twitter campaign to promote National Hate Crime Awareness Week #NationalHCAW 2022.
Yesterday the government announced the latest hate crime statistics (year ending March 2022).
Police Recorded figures show 155,641 hate crime up 26% in England and Wales.
* Race Hate Crime 109,843 up 19%
* Faith Hate Crime 8,730 up 37%
* Homophobic Hate Crime 26,152 up 41%
* Disability Hate Crime 14,242 up 43%
* Transphobic Hate Crime 4,355 up 56%
These are shocking statistics.
Now more than ever we need to ensure that the authorities (Government, Police and Councils), key partners (business, voluntary and community sectors) and communities affected by hate crime work together to come up with local plans to tackle hate crime across the UK.
We encourage them to promote a message of H.O.P.E.
* raising Hate crime awareness.
* improving Operational responses to hate crime.
* Preventing hate crime.
* Engaging everyone to tackle hate and prejudice across the UK
We want to bring people together, to say no to all forms of hate, to make our communities safe places for everyone so we can live in peace and harmony together.
Please - help us get this message out as widely as possible by sharing this post and visiting our NationalHCAW Twitter profile and retweeting this twitter post.
#WeStandTogether #NoPlaceForHate #SafePlaceForAll #NationalHCAW 2022